Graphics Cards related queries here.

mandrake2000

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I want to buy a graphic card within the range of 15000/-.Tell me which graphic should i buy? :?

KHUBBU

Journeyman
BIG 6600 GT costs 9.6k BBC, nehru place

XFX costs 10.7k

wait for 6800 prices to drop a little bit.
Hey Blade finally i'm going to buy 6600 GT (BIG) today. Thanks for all the information u have given me in buying a gfx card right from 9600 to 6600. :) :D

cybershastri

Journeyman
Why so much of difference?

Hey! here in Mysore I inquired the dealer said 12.5k for Zebronics 6600GT 128MB AGP card. I inquired elsewhere as well. All the dealers quoted around same price. And you people say it around 9.5k and 10k, it is really cheating. Why is so much of difference?

Shastri.

khandu

In the zone
i bought zebronics leadtek 6600GT Extreme Edition for 12.5K .. a month ago.. dont know the price now

see if urs is extreme edition ( pre-over clocked ) .. or i guess u can contact zebronics and they can courier it to u for 100 bucks extra...

cybershastri

Journeyman
khandu said:
i bought zebronics leadtek 6600GT Extreme Edition for 12.5K .. a month ago.. dont know the price now

see if urs is extreme edition ( pre-over clocked ) .. or i guess u can contact zebronics and they can courier it to u for 100 bucks extra...

I dont think that the card offered to me is an Extreme Edition. But still I will check out.

If I can get the card couriered to my place for just 100 bucks extra then it is good. But I did not find any link on the zebronics site for ordering the card. I have mailed them yesterday inquiring about the gfx card but have not replied yet.

Shastri.

cybershastri

Journeyman
Finally I got a reply from Zebronics. They said the Extreme version of the card comes only in pci-ex card and not in AGP (Frankly, I didnt know this.). They have offered the 6600 GT 128bit 128MB card for 11.5k including all taxes and free shipping. :) which I think is in par with the prices in rest of the country.

If I buy locally then I will have to pay 12.5k and if I order directly through zebronics then I will be saving 1k. So, I am going ahead and buying this.

Thanks khandu for your suggesion to contact zebronics.

Shastri.

cybershastri

Journeyman
Now I am confused...

As I was about to send a reply to zebronics people for the 6600 gt, I got a mail from BIG (I had requested them also for the price of the 6600gt card). They offered me their graphics card for Rs. 9750+4% +Rs. 200 courier charges which totals to Rs. 10340. Now I am confused whether to buy the zebronics card or the BIG card. Which card is better? Money is not the issue here as I was ready to buy zebronics card. Frankly speaking I had never heard of this company - BIG. I could'nt find their website also. How are their products? Should I buy the trusted zebronics card or should I go for the BIG card?
Please help me.

Shastri.

---EDIT--- Also I missed a point..zebronics card has 2 yrs waranty and the BIG card has 3 yrs warantty. ----EDIT--

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz plz help me buy a pci-express card for not more than 14,000/- ... i am confused between the following models,

1. WinFast PX6600 GT TDH Extreme
*www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6600_gttdhextreme_2.html

2. WinFast PX6800 LE TDH
*www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6800le_tdh_2.html

3. WinFast PX6800 TDH
*www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6800_tdh_2.html

Plz suggest the best among these. Also if there are any other cards from other companies within my budget then plz suggest. Is the plain 6800 / 6800 LE better than the 6600GT ?

thanx in advance.

khandu

In the zone
go for 1st option.. its overclocked and as good as the 6800 , but if u have lots of money then maybe PX6800..

keep the LE as last option.. i guess.. :p

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Hey shastri, go for BIG, I was also going to buy one but the dealer (BBC) at Delhi was out of stock. So returned empty handed back to VNS. He said the new lot would be arriving soon, its delayed bocz of rain and all.

To my best knowledge, its actually a BFG 6600 GT card which BBC is selling in India as BIG.

see this link:
*www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5179&page=1&pp=10

and its performance at overclocked levels:
*www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?p=49677#post49677

BTw u had contacted which dealer , delhi or MUmbai ?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
KHUBBU said:
BIG 6600 GT costs 9.6k BBC, nehru place

XFX costs 10.7k

wait for 6800 prices to drop a little bit.
Hey Blade finally i'm going to buy 6600 GT (BIG) today. Thanks for all the information u have given me in buying a gfx card right from 9600 to 6600. :) :D
Congrats mate ! :)

@mohit: go for the 6600GT extreme version or if u wanna try your luck @ unlocking extra pipes then go for the normal 6800 however theperformance increase on unlocking the extra pipes is not too significant. Still if u fancy having the 6800 series then get it.

cybershastri

Journeyman
KHUBBU said:
He said the new lot would be arriving soon, its delayed bocz of rain and all.

To my best knowledge, its actually a BFG 6600 GT card which BBC is selling in India as BIG.

BTw u had contacted which dealer , delhi or MUmbai ?

1. Yes you are right. They dont have the stocks right now. They said they will have the cards only after July 16th.

2. Your knowledge is very good. BIG sells BFG 6600GT.

3. I did not contact directly to any dealer. I e-mailed them that I wanted to buy a card and asked them what they were offering.

I think I will go with the BIG card as most of the people have recommended and its cheaper also.

Shastri.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
are u sure that they are giving u a BFG card? BFG's one of the best manufacturers for nvidia cards, but i still think the leadtek extreme version will give more performance....altho i m not sure whether it justifies the 1k extra cost in ur case!

nimesh2india

anybody suggest me good laminghton dealer

i new to buy good pc

and graphic card---confusing between 6600gt and 6800 and 6800gt
my graphic budget is 14000.

magnet

Youngling
wiz...i m unable to find rashi and prime in lamington....can u giv me some benchmarks????is it in some lane or wht???...also do u hav any idea where is nvidia experience centre in lamington???

unknown_corpse

i went 2 lamington road jst yest day & visited Prime ABGB shop. its a small shop deep inside. i went 2 enquire abt the price of gfx cards & this shop offered less price than the rest of the shops.

heres the address & phone no.

Laxmi Compound, shop#6, Ground Floor, Opp. Naaz Cinema,
390, Lamington Road. Mumbai.

email : primeservices@vsnl.com

tel : 23855500

magnet

Youngling
its a small shop???damn i thght its big..i mailed them and they gav me details..but in hurry i 4got to write it ..only thing it remained in mind was it was opposite some theatre....i tried hard but couldnt found...seeing prime name here everywhere..i thght it may b quite big.......
yup u cant enquire abt shops here....becoz if u do u will b guided to wrong shop..so didnt asked nyone....btw....now where is nvidia experince centre now???

Top Bottom