Graphics Cards related queries here.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^
That would be a nice choice. But then GTX 260 deserves a Quad or atleast 3 GHz core 2 duo.

vrslvrs

Broken In

I have q6600 cpu, 4gb ram with palit 9800gt on mercury 500watts psu
It was working fine for five months. :)
But now while playing nfs carbon the game is shaky :( the images shake while driving the car at higher speeds :(

what could be the problem :( I have even updated the video card drivers but no solution :(

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

But then GTX 260 deserves a Quad or atleast 3 GHz core 2 duo.
Yes, a Core 2 DUo E7xxx series or E8xxx series below 3.4GHz is a huge bottleneck, I've seen the results in a review myself.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

40 nm GPU RV740 finally launched for desktop.(It was launched for laptops a month ago)Laptops name is 4860,desktop name is 4770.Perforamnce better than 4850 and price only 99$.Another version of 4890 was launched by AMD called 4890-OC.the main difference being a core speed of 900 instead of 850 and memory speed of 4000 instead of 3900.Think of it as a 4895.It was launched in 2 laptops-Asus(G51x or G55x or something like that) and in one HP laptop. This GPU has half the die size of the comparable nvidia part 9800GT and 9800GTX+(also called GTS 250) and yet it F***k the innards out of nvidia. Nvidia has nowhere to go.Now its saying that it will make X86 CPU’S.I am predicting (just my guess, u wont find this ANYWHERE on the internet) that in the 3rd quarter of this year AMD will launch its 6 core processor under the name of “Phenom II FX”.It will launch at 3GHZ and will have a combo DDR2/DDR3 memory controller capable of a maximum memory speed of 1333 MHZ.

vrslvrs

Broken In

I have q6600 cpu, 4gb ram with palit 9800gt on mercury 500watts psu
It was working fine for five months. :)
But now while playing nfs carbon the game is shaky (like we shake in cold ice wheather) :( the images shake while driving the car at higher speeds :(

what could be the problem :( I have even updated the video card drivers but no solution :(

vrslvrs

Broken In

go to the game setting there is option Motion Blur disable it.

No it doesn't help :-(
But I guess I am getting hikups now :-(

but wait
wow I incressed the screen resoulution from 1152*864 to 1280*960 the shakes are reduced :)

I guess 9800gt gives higher framerates in high resolutions :lol:

Last edited:

comp@ddict

^^On an HD4850 no,

on an HD4870 ( few games), yes

on a GTX260 ( many games), yes again.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^Raj, For E6600 I think 3.2GHz to 3.3GHz should be the safe point.

if you want to go higher, I think you can increase voltage to 0.962.

This is because Core 2 Duo E6850 is also a conroe and it's operational voltage is 0.962 - 1.350 V (0.85 - 1.325 V for E6600)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ Dude i saw some member in TE OCed his E6600 to 3.5GHz and want to push further.. He use OCZ Vendetta 2 to achieve this mark and i'll get mine sooner. So hitting 3.5GHz is not an issue at all.. I dont care abt power consumption or any other issues... Until my next proccy upgrade, i have to use this sh1i to play all games...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. if you are going with 3rd party cooler, you certainly can push it further. I was talking about OC's with stock cooler. But you make sure you don't fry your RAM. YOu may have to downclock RAM (to keep it's speed in check) if necessary:)

and btw, its not ****. check my siggy :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Will downclock the RAM frequency and OC it like a hell... lol...atleast you have a gud gfx card...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^:)

Get this one along with CPu Cooler

*www.ocztechnology.com/products/cooling_products/ocz_xtc_cooler

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^Will get it once RAM explodes.. :D Just kidding.... :D
Get it for sure and hope it worth for the price point of 1k..

comp@ddict

^^what r u gonna do with the 7600GS aftr buying a new gfx card?
Testing purposes? V'mod and stuff? Experimentation?

I have an outdated mobo of Mercury which does not have any PCI or PCIe slot. Only AGP 8x for video card. I am planning to buy a new mobo + 512 MB decent gfx card which can support D.X. 10 and games like Crysis,GTA IV and other graphic intensive games at medium resolution.

My budget is 7-9K including both mobo and gfx card. Mobo should have PCIe slot.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
I have an outdated mobo of Mercury which does not have any PCI or PCIe slot. Only AGP 8x for video card. I am planning to buy a new mobo + 512 MB decent gfx card which can support D.X. 10 and games like Crysis,GTA IV and other graphic intensive games at medium resolution.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

No it doesn't help :-(
But I guess I am getting hikups now :-(

but wait
wow I incressed the screen resoulution from 1152*864 to 1280*960 the shakes are reduced :)

I guess 9800gt gives higher framerates in high resolutions :lol:

check ur refresh rate

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^what r u gonna do with the 7600GS aftr buying a new gfx card?
Testing purposes? V'mod and stuff? Experimentation?

Will give it to my younger brother who juz want to play some older games(Like Far Cry,NFS Series upto Carbon,GTA series upto SA, and other old games) at med resolution.Once i update my whole rig , i'll give this whole rig to him.So he can play all games.. :D

Posted again:

What proccy you have? If its LGA775 socket then only you'll consider this suggestion.. Otherwise first get a new proccy.. :D
Then you also need to update ur RAM too....
Considering this too, here is the config
ASUS P5K-PL VM - 2.5k
HD4670 - 4.5k
Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 1.2k
Total - 8.2k...

comp@ddict

Will give it to my younger brother who juz want to play some older games(Like Far Cry,NFS Series upto Carbon,GTA series upto SA, and other old games) at med resolution.Once i update my whole rig , i'll give this whole rig to him.So he can play all games..
:)

Top Bottom