Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@rajkumar_pb

It seems fine. But apart from Gfx card and mobo will i also require more power supply because gfx cards consumes much power ? Currently i have 350 watts PSU, i think so.

I think i will also need a extra fans to avoid overheating. What do u say ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3 SONIC @ 10k

If u have a FULL HD monitor then get this:-

Sapphire HD4850 1GB GDDR3 @ 11.3k

isn't HD4870 512MB card for 12.5k a better deal??

anyways, with HD4850, 450W PSU is required. Get coolermaster or tagan or corsair.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

isn't HD4870 512MB card for 12.5k a better deal??
- it's 13.5k in the market till now.

- stock cooler heats up beyond 80C

- require a much better PSU

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Not all HD4870 cards come with stock cooler these days.

For example MSI R4870-T2D512 cards earlier version comes with stock cooler but the latest version comes with custom cooler so hiting is not a issue at all with the HD4870.

*msi.com/index.php?func=prodvgaspec&maincat_no=130&cat2_no=137&cat3_no=&prod_no=1502#menu

*msi.com/uploads/5_pictures/five_pictures1_9dee99ae85e1261177354858a4dcd67d.jpg

comp@ddict

^^ I saw the first one when I went to Nehru Place, it's priced at 15k !!!!!!!!!!!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

@rajkumar_pb

It seems fine. But apart from Gfx card and mobo will i also require more power supply because gfx cards consumes much power ? Currently i have 350 watts PSU, i think so.

The HD4670 doesnt need a powerful PSU's like VX450W or something else....It consumes very less power say 45W TDP.....So it just need a 400W PSU(Even a generic one is enuff). So get yourself a Zebronics 450W SATA II PSU for around 400bucks and plug in the card and play games... :D
Also the HD4670 doesn't even need a PCI-X 16 Power Connector so the 450W SATA II is more than enuff for you....
No extra fans are needed as you are not going to overclock(assuming)...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

@rajkumar_pb

The HD4670 doesnt need a powerful PSU's like VX450W or something else....It consumes very less power say 45W TDP.....So it just need a 400W PSU(Even a generic one is enuff). So get yourself a Zebronics 450W SATA II PSU for around 400bucks and plug in the card and play games... :D
Also the HD4670 doesn't even need a PCI-X 16 Power Connector so the 450W SATA II is more than enuff for you....
No extra fans are needed as you are not going to overclock(assuming)...

i am puchasing MSI HD 4850 1gb oc 9.7k (damm vat ). PSU zebronic M600 pro. (good specification ) only for 4.1k.what u say.

atb

Right off the assembly line

Hi guys... firstly i would like to introduce me as a new member...
ok...i recently got a new system...specs are as follows

motherboard:gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L
cpu: core2 duo @2.8 ghz
kingsten 4gb of ram
western digital 320gb sata hdd
XFX 8600 GT card

I am having problems with my 8600gt....
I am having 2 DVI display outputs..and have got a DVI to VGA converter with the card.....and i use the converter to connect it to my vga pin....
when i fit my 8600 gt in my motherboard and boot i get all text and colors garbled up in the start bios screen....also my window display is the same....ie at the lowest color setting ie 4bit and garbled....
i tried to install the drivers from the cd...but in vain.... my device manager always shows a question mark for 8600Gt in my device manager...even after installing the drivers...
when i switch to onboard graphics all works fine....
I checked bios it is set to detect pci graphics if it is plugged in otherwise it will use onboard graphics...
Is this due to the DVI 2 VGA convertor or adapter???
can any one please suggest me some solution to this....its a new system and i have not able to played a single game on it....

Arnab boss

In the zone

Guys how is hd 4870 1 gb and gts 250 1 gb....?which one is best...?

I heard a rumor that ati cards don't perform well in nvidia platform games....is this true as I am a hardcore gamer and want to play all latest games but many games r based on nvidia platforms .....so I am a bit confused.....?

And what abt gtx 275....!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

@Arnab boss :-

Forget that. It's old now. ATi cards perform very well on NVIDIA games and sometimes even surpass them.

comp@ddict

u are comparing HD4870 to GTS250???

Lets say, performance wise:-
1. GTX275(rocks)
2. HD4870
3. GTS 250(way behind both of these)

Arnab boss

In the zone

Thanks 4 ur reply....'

now gtx 275 is priced @18.6k in kolkata and hd 4870 1 gb @ 14k I guess so...'
I just need to play games at higher or mid resolutions so which one would b better as 4 price and performance...

I really want to go 4 palit hd 4870 1 gb ddr5 dual sonic @ 14.5k correct me if wrong... How's it 4 long term atleat 2 yrs....!

Blue Floyd

Right off the assembly line

guys,

I will be getting a new system with the following config:
i7 920
Mobo: Gigabyte UD3R
2GB DDR3 RAM
550 CM PSU
22" LCD with full HD 1920 x 1080 res

I have the following queries:
1) Which is the cheapest GPU I can buy to give me full res. for playing games like NFS/FIFA.

2)How much power is required for this card? is the 550 CM enough alongwith the monitor?

Tx,

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

What's your budget for the gfx card ?
Can you tell the exact model name of the CM PSU ? Is it from real power or extreme or silent power series ?

@ Arnab boss
GTX 275 is 20-25% faster than HD4870. So make your choice. I think the extra money you will spend on GTX 275 worth it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

guys,

I will be getting a new system with the following config:
i7 920
2GB DDR3 RAM
550 CM PSU

I have the following queries:
1) Which is the cheapest GPU I can buy to give me full res. for playing games like NFS/FIFA.

2)How much power is required for this card? is the 550 CM enough alongwith the monitor?

Tx,
Palit 864MB GTX260 (216 sp) is available for 11k-12k now and this is the perfect card for your rig.

comp@ddict

i7 920
2GB DDR3 RAM
550 CM PSU
2GB? rather u don't but Core i7, get Phenom II or Core 2 Quad, and please, get a better GPU, like GTX295 or GTX275/HD4890 minimum.

Arnab boss

In the zone

U can opt 4 palit gtx 275 @ 18k its new and falls in btwn gtx 260 and gtx 285....' so think abt it....!

Top Bottom