Graphics Cards related queries here.

Kniwor

Learner
Re: Confused

anoop1311 said:
i have a 2.8 ht with D865 mobo and 512mb ram.mobo supports only agp i ve decided to buy a good card for less than 15000.please suggest the best card.
or and this is a big or should i upgrade to a different mother board and processor.i am confused coz i have heard that Dx 10 is abou to come out.Then all this will go worthless.please help me out guys
actually both nVidia and ATI are scheduled to release new cores soon, and so the existing cards might seem much less productive, u might wanna get them then.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I would say do a complete overhaul 9 months down the line to quad core. Just now make do with a 6600GT second hand provided you are not a hardcore enthusiast gamer.

goobimama

 Macboy

costs 42k for the dell 2407wfp. It comes with a 5 year warranty so I think its a pretty sweet deal...

sabret00the

Youngling

@Goobimama: That monitor is now 40 Grands.Its wonderful.We were trained on it a couple of months back. *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd_in?c=in&l=en&s=bsd

Last edited:

amigoatul

Broken In

Hey videocard gurus.Need u to tell me the order of preference of the video card manufacturers like XFX,evga,bfg etc. Im ordering a 7900GT from USA on the 15th this mnth and i wanna know which one is the best 7900GT card.Pls post ur replies soon.Thanks.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent

^Get the evga's latest revision. I don't think you can apply for warranty with this company, but, hopefully, you won't have to in the first place. Next in line would be xfx, leadtek, bfg.
If you can, try getting a x1800xt/x1900xt instead of the 7900gt.

goobimama

 Macboy

@sabreth: The dell mon still costs 42k. That price is excluding taxes which come up to about 2.5k....

amigoatul

Broken In

Is the 256MB Ati X1900 XT card available in USA?? If so,paste any links with the price listed...pls.
Shoud i go for the 7900 GT or X1900 XT 256MB ???Im losing my mind....pls suggest ppl...

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz

Hello Graphics gurus,
Please let me know HOW I can figure out the NVidia equivalent ATI cards?
For example:
What is the equivalent of NVidia GeForce 7600GS in ATI?
or
NVidia GeForce 7600GT in ATI?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

paul_007

Padawan

caleb said:
Hello Graphics gurus,
Please let me know HOW I can figure out the NVidia equivalent ATI cards?
For example:
What is the equivalent of NVidia GeForce 7600GS in ATI?
or
NVidia GeForce 7600GT in ATI?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

u can visit www.gpureview.com and go to browse cards section and compare the core clock and memory clock of various cards

u can also compare performances of various cards

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

Geforce 7600GS = Radeon X1600XT
Geforce 7600GT = Radeon X1800GTO (here the Radeon is a little better)

just4soft

Right off the assembly line

I have an old comp with the followin configurations

P4 2.26GHz
512+128MB RAM
60GB harddisk
845 mercury motherboard with 3 pci slots,no agp or pci-e slots.

suggest me a graphics card for this configuration

go_gamez

In the zone

just4soft said:
I have an old comp with the followin configurations

P4 2.26GHz
512+128MB RAM
60GB harddisk
845 mercury motherboard with 3 pci slots,no agp or pci-e slots.

suggest me a graphics card for this configuration

DUDE......its really difficult..to find a PCI based GFX card...and even if u fnd one..wont play a single latest...forget latest..not even many..of the older games !!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

You have to go in for a complete upgrade. Even the best PCI card available won't help much.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

Okie people................I want to upgrade from my existing 6600gt and budget being around 20K. So whats the best I can get? My mobo is A8N-E. Or do u suggest that I wait for the DX10 card to hit the market.

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

get a 7900GT ... best under 20k's i think ... if u wait a bit , u might get a 7900GS for a bit less , plus some more things

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

I think 6600GT can do the job at least until FG8 is released[games like crysis will be using SH4 found in DX10 cards]. So wait some 5~8 months nd make that 20 k to some 25 or even 30k nd when GF8 is released u will get a top notch card for the price.

Top Bottom