Graphics Cards related queries here.

THE PHENOM

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

well need a graphics card for this configuration
====================================
pIV 2.80 GHZ
512 mb ram
160 gb ddr ram (seagate barracuda)
intel motherboard
pc model COMPAQ PRESARIO SR1250IL bought 2004

unsure whether PCI slot present or not.

budget 5500/- to 6500/-

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz

THE PHENOM said:
well need a graphics card for this configuration
====================================
pIV 2.80 GHZ
512 mb ram
160 gb ddr ram (seagate barracuda)
intel motherboard
pc model COMPAQ PRESARIO SR1250IL bought 2004

unsure whether PCI slot present or not.

budget 5500/- to 6500/-
Your motherboard does not have the required AGP or PCI-Express slot for you to be able to add a graphics card.

amigoatul

Broken In

Hey guys.Is the Ati X1900 XT 256MB version out yet.Atleast in the USA??
Also is it better than 7900GT???
Pls post any links for the Ati X1900 XT 256MB reviews and sites comparing the two cards if any.Any websites featuring the the ati card for sale?
Pls help.

amigoatul

Broken In

I checked newegg.com and tigerdirect.com but the ATI X1900 XT 256MB version is not listed.Do u know if the 256MB ver. is up for sale yet??Do you recommend the X1900Xt over the 7900Gt???

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

amigoatul said:
I checked newegg.com and tigerdirect.com but the ATI X1900 XT 256MB version is not listed.Do u know if the 256MB ver. is up for sale yet??Do you recommend the X1900Xt over the 7900Gt???
It's a brand new card and might take a while till it's widely available.

just4soft

Right off the assembly line

go_gamez said:
DUDE......its really difficult..to find a PCI based GFX card...and even if u fnd one..wont play a single latest...forget latest..not even many..of the older games !!

i can play halflife2 at 1024*768...except for one little problem....the game crashes everytime it autosaves

wireless46

Right off the assembly line

Hi... i am looking out for an agp card... I found the Leadtek 7600 GT AGP.. price is arnd 13k afaik. I cant find it easily over here so can anybody tell me abt any gud dealer (anywhere in India) who sells leadtek cards and can offer it for the cheapest price ?? please help me out... Thanx...

goobimama

 Macboy

Here's something: I have one guy who wants to sell a GeForce 7800GTX 256 MB for 15k. It is a box packed piece but I don't think I'll get any warranty (from HonKong). Is it a good offer? Or should I get a 7900GT (I know, my finances are suddenly high enough for this nonsense).

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

If you don't want to play games, don't spend so much just to drive a 24" display. Even a 7k 7600GS will do a really good job at that.

goobimama

 Macboy

^^ Well I just saw some Oblivion screenshots....and now I want to game real bad...

I got a good sound card, excellent speaker system, a 24 inch display coming soon....why not? Just wanted to know if it was worth it, that 7800GTX, that's all....

There's also the thing that no one wants to sell me a 6600GT pci-e card. Every guy who wants to sell one has an AGP version and the PCI-e guys decide last minute that they want to enjoy it for a few days longer....

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

There isn't much difference performance-wise between a 7800GTX and a 7900GT. If you don't mind the lack of warranty it's a pretty good buy. Keep in mind that the 7900GT will OC better and run cooler than the 7800GTX. Plus the 7800GTX uses up 2 slots while the 7900GT is a single slot card (if that's important to you).

sabret00the

Youngling

Druvan the cooling issue and the 2 slot factor is definitely an important factor that u have pointed out especially if u have a heavily packed Tower.

anilthomas26

In the zone

hey guys.......

ma config :

amd 64bit 2800+ @ 1.98Ghz
1 gib ram
asus k8n mobo
evga 6800gs 256mb

ma card is too hot......:(

ambient temp is bout 41 and core temp at 56-58 at no load.....:(

and ambient temp goes upto 51-54 and core temp to 80-83 when playing games......

fixed two extra blowers for the card....with an inlet fan nearby......and also an exhaust at the top side of the cabinet......in all 4fans.....but no use......

cud it be becoz ma card is deffective ?????
it was overclocked to 425/1150 from 400/1100.....but i reverted back due to the temperature issues.....

plz help me guys.......

goobimama

 Macboy

^^ Any contact details? And also, what about the 7900GS? I heard that is currently the best bang for buck under $200 card available...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Well .. the XFX 7900GS Extreme would be the best buy right now .. that card can be pushed to over 600 MHz on the core :O ... and 1400 MHz on the mem. .. over 5500 3DMarks in 3DMark06 ... its priced around $240 ...

Top Bottom