Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ constantine - MSI has one GTX 275 around 13-13K ... if you can increase your gpu budget and grab that instead :p

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

@ constantine - MSI has one GTX 275 around 13-13.5K ... if you can increase your gpu budget and grab that instead :p

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....

@topgear - which one is it the twin frozr ot the lightning black edition ? and yes 13 to 14 k k is do-able ! :) and where do i get it ? banglore ? mumbai ? itwares ?
and please give me more options and in more detail ! thanks !
@ Cool G5 - where the f***do u get it ? and sure its 2 k ?

@sam.shab- wtf ? 1 k for led fan ?and if i add a blue fan it'll look like zebronics bijli ! that sucks! and a CM 120 mm led fan costs 450 rs !

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

btw where do i check prices of all comp parts ! it wares is screwed up **** ! still hasnt uploaded all content !

so plz which other sites !

WarrenG

Broken In

Thanks guys for all your help
I finnaly bought the ATI Readon 5750 (MSI) for Rs.8150 from lamington. :)

I have a problem tho, every time i boot up windows detects the card as new hardware and prompts me to install it - reboot etc. Untill the ATI catalyst drivers start. After that everything runs fine.

Is there anyone who has a solution ?

The card is running GREAT btw. Just installed Dirt 2 demo runs well at high settings.

Piyush

Lanaya

Thanks guys for all your help
I finnaly bought the ATI Readon 5750 (MSI) for Rs.8150 from lamington. :)

I have a problem tho, every time i boot up windows detects the card as new hardware and prompts me to install it - reboot etc. Untill the ATI catalyst drivers start. After that everything runs fine.

Is there anyone who has a solution ?

The card is running GREAT btw. Just installed Dirt 2 demo runs well at high settings.

make sure dat ur drivers are installed correctly as far as i kno:?

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

wow! its been forever since i logged on !
gonna get a new gaming rig this summer -
procc-i5 - 750
mobo-msi p55 gd65
gfx-msi gtx260 lighting black edition
etc etc
now bout the gpu - how much and wheres my nearest contact in bangalore?
and is there a better option ? 12 k preferably !
and please dont suggest an ati ! not a fan ! just think that a gaming rig would do soo much better with an nvidia, neway let me know !
suggest a cabinet too 2 k ! and monitor - benq - 24" lcd or led .
thanks !

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

btw how much is the msi gtx275 twin fozr 1 and 2 gig versions ? need prices of the same versions of 260 ! infact 285 to 260 and lightin editions or frozr editions please guys !

hey this aint fair
hd 4890 is a superb card dat u can buy in dat budget
especially sapphire vapor x

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ Cool G5 - where the f***do u get it ? and sure its 2 k ?

@sam.shab- wtf ? 1 k for led fan ?and if i add a blue fan it'll look like zebronics bijli ! that sucks! and a CM 120 mm led fan costs 450 rs !

NZXT Gamma best available cabby for 2k or below. far better than the CM Elite lineup.

nope. i was just appreciating Cool G5's choice for cabinet. even without LED fans it looks cool. got a distinct taste of a gaming cabinet. got a blue stripe below the curve & USB ports that glow blue while PC on. its cooling is excellent. as for LED, if u not like blue LED, get Xigmatek Orange LED or even add 2 Red LED's to the side. wil look really cool.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ constantine - I got in here :p

mediahome.in - they have posted their gfx card price list on TE forum .... they are located in Delhi ... check with them for any further details :p

Jetfire

Broken In

What is the best graphics card around 3k? I have intel core2duo 2.2ghz, 2gb 667mhz ddr2 ram and intel d945gcnl motherboard. I often watch movies and sometimes play games like prince of persia two thrones and fear. I heard nvidia is better for intel and amd for amd. Is it?

constantine

@ asigh - not a fan boy ! thought i mentioned that ! and i dont wanna have the same conversation again ! and i need a massive gaming rig i'd obviously prefer an nvidia cause if i wanna go for a massive comp i need to experience physx ! unlike my current 8600gt !

@ topgear - u got in in here ? where is here ? specific dude ! plz!

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

and i'll go for nzxt gamma now plz tell me where do i get the damn thing !

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

and media home doesnt have gtx260 gtx 275 ! infact nothing above a gtx 250frozr ! so give me another site ! or shop or w/e !

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@constantine:
If you decide to get a green card now, then you are the biggest fool. A nVidia refresh is around the corner, and for sure the 'other' accelerator company will change pricing points.

For your massive gaming rig (sigh) these are the accelerators, since you want nVidia:

1. Palit GTX 275 896MB DDR-III [HDMI] : 15580
2. Leadtek Winfast GTX 285 1024MB DDR-III : 21967

This is old technology, they will consume far more power and NOT offer you Dx11 support. If you add a bit more money, you can get better cards, which will rip the pants of the green cards you want. Else if you want the maximum which is available as now from team green you could get the GTX295 which is around 34K.

Choice is your. Not trying to convince you for something, but laying it out clear and simple and transparent. Make your choice. Best of luck.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ constantine - don't call me dude ...

BTW, mediahome.in guys didn't updated the price list on website instead they posted it on TE forum .. so if you can contact/call them.

official

In the zone

i am upgrading my rig too this week and i will be a fool to get a new gfx from nvidia, i'll upgrade my entire ol' rig but will hold on with the gfx for now. Let me see what nvidia has in store for us...whether the new outline is worth the hype. whether or not the prices of gfx cards like gtx260 and gtx275 will come down to below 7k and 12k inr maybe!!:) but still investing in old tech based cards aint a right decision right now.

constantine

@asigh - all red cards were powerhungry and not the performance oriented till 5 series came out ! i do apprecieate the 5 series - insane performance for the buck ! but i will still go for a green card . no offence to reds ! and when will the new 300 series come out ? any idea ? if in 2 -3 months or so then i can definitely , i'll deal with my 8600 till then lol!

15 k for palit gtx275 ?
thought palit would be cheaper .

@topgear - fine . link please ? :)
and
btw any nzxt dealers in banglore? need help!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@asigh - all red cards were powerhungry and not the performance oriented till 5 series came out ! i do apprecieate the 5 series - insane performance for the buck ! but i will still go for a green card . no offence to reds ! and when will the new 300 series come out ? any idea ? if in 2 -3 months or so then i can definitely , i'll deal with my 8600 till then lol!

15 k for palit gtx275 ?
thought palit would be cheaper .

@topgear - fine . link please ? :)
and
btw any nzxt dealers in banglore? need help!

sorry for putting my nose in asigh's post, but i fear there won't be any retail 300 card. the new card is actually GTX480 & GTX470. both of them wil be badly overpriced @ 35k+ for GTX480 & maybe 30k+ for GTX470. both due to be out by 26th March (paper launch) & price wil be sky high.

for NZXT gamma, the ITdepot have it for around Rs.1840 or so.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I guess, you did not see the HD48XX series then. They are excellent performers, why you think the HD4850/70/90 sold so fast. Many are using them. Regarding power usage, comparatively they were just as 'bad' as the green cards of the same time.

The new nVidia paper launch is slated for March 26th. I guess they should hit the India supply chain by May - June. Suggest you wait it out 2 months, how things pan out. The GT8600 is not that bad...! :)

Top Bottom