Graphics Cards related queries here.

imgame2

Padawan
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

well i will consider these

1. *ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=339 @ 10.8k+tax
2. *ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=348 @ 12k+tax

maybe the vx1940w is the best bet? its in stock...whereas the 1962wm has to be ordered...warranty is ok....

wat say?
i wont be going in for the 22 inchers as of now...this is my first lcd,but not my last! :)
and i will need to buy an lcd before the end of september..my bro needs the crt with his hostel rig(dats our old rig+currnt 17" monitor)

plz repl quick with any suggestions....

and i forgot to mention.....
i bought my Palit HD4850 today.... :) :D

this is the card : *techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=2437

congrats on buying HD4850 finally !! so how is it ...tell us more about it ...

sagargv knows more about LCD's and he will be able to help u out better .....

and thats precisely my point this is ur first LCD ...look at urself ...u are talking about monitors in 11k and 12k range ...when one can buy a 22" LCD in that price range ...i would personally go for 22" even if i don't get top of the line LCD's but i know my samsung 943NWX i bought for my mom ...was satisfying enough for me ...its ordinary in every sense ...doesn't have a DVI port,not 2ms(GTG) ...but its great ..and personally i have seen many LCD's ...its really difficult to make out the difference unless u keep the two side by side even if u are going for to buy it for a year .....in my opinion u should consider 22" since u are on stiff budget now...thats my opinion but choice is urs at the end ....

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

congrats on buying HD4850 finally !! so how is it ...tell us more about it ...

sagargv knows more about LCD's and he will be able to help u out better .....

and thats precisely my point this is ur first LCD ...look at urself ...u are talking about monitors in 11k and 12k range ...when one can buy a 22" LCD in that price range ...i would personally go for 22" even if i don't get top of the line LCD's but i know my samsung 943NWX i bought for my mom ...was satisfying enough for me ...its ordinary in every sense ...doesn't have a DVI port,not 2ms(GTG) ...but its great ..and personally i have seen many LCD's ...its really difficult to make out the difference unless u keep the two side by side even if u are going for to buy it for a year .....in my opinion u should consider 22" since u are on stiff budget now...thats my opinion but choice is urs at the end ....

thanks bro! havent put the card in my rig yet(see my old siggy? :p).....but it feels good....has great samsung gddr3 chips!(samsung K4J52324QE-BJ1A)

well...i cant really stress enuf....at my place....all the best stuff isnt avlable....

my requirements:
1.dvi
2.widescreen
3.atleast 5ms,2ms(GTG) if possible
4.not more than 11k max

add the 4...wats the result? dellse198wfp/viewsonic vx1940w.....

plz comment.

imgame2

Padawan

thanks bro! havent put the card in my rig yet(see my old siggy? :p).....but it feels good....has great samsung gddr3 chips!(samsung K4J52324QE-BJ1A)

well...i cant really stress enuf....at my place....all the best stuff isnt avlable....

my requirements:
1.dvi
2.widescreen
3.atleast 5ms,2ms(GTG) if possible
4.not more than 11k max

add the 4...wats the result? dellse198wfp/viewsonic vx1940w.....

plz comment.

viewsonic looks better cos it supports higher resolution 1680x1050 that resolution is not usually supported by a 19" monitor ...with HD4850 in hand its definitely a tempting choice as u can play at those resolutions ...its will be treat with all eye candy on ...today i m extremely tired like yesterday hence i have no strength to pull out reviews for u ...may be tomo i can help u out ...today i hope sagargv gives u his valuable input ...if its 11k fix then ...22" is little far ...

but i was able to check out the price of this monitor locally ..what he told me on phone is 12.2k (all inclusive)...it fulfills all ur requirement except 4rth...

*ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=340

^^ u're welcome

since dell are top of the line monitors and no doubt they are the best ...but also costly for now atleast 22" .....so which one is good buy in 22" inch excluding dell ...lets say poor people's 22" for price range of 11.5k to 12.5k (AOC is available for 11.5k ..thats the cheapest ..) how are AOC models .......if u have some info on them it will be greatly appreciated ...

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@mukherji , viewsonic 1962 seems to be a good choice.
*www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=5577&Itemid=40&limit=1&limitstart=3

but since u have order it , i think its best to drop 1962 .

if u're considering monitors with 5ms response time , get the dell. . since u're likely to buy another TFT in maybe a year or so , then settle with 19" . the dell model will do fine considering the warranty issues with viewsonic. but anyone u buy , make sure its got a dvi-d port. in case u go for viewsonic , hope u can manage with text .. they'll look pretty small because of the higher dot pitch.

congratulations on ur purchase. .post the temps of the hd4850.

*www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-viewsonic-vx1940w-part15.html#Conclusion

1940 seems to be a good model too. . but dell has better viewing angles than this. .if u're a single user , this wont bother u.

find out about the warranty of 1940 which u'll get and then make the decission.

@imgame2 , sorry there. i dunno much abt TFT's . i bought my sp2208 a month back. had read a few reviews , so i was sharing what i learnt. some guy who posted in the 2nd or 3rd page of BASIC GUIDE to purchase system knows about TFTs a lot i think. .last year , one of my friends was buying a 19" and i asked him for his recommendation. i have no more info about 22" TFTs.

these websites will be helpful

xbitlabs.com
prad.de
trustedreviews.com

search and read a few reviews in these sites , u'll glean a great deal.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

well....
the price of viewsonic vx1940w is 11k(all inc)....thats outta my budget...also i m concerned with the readability in 1680*1050 res in a 19" screen.....

similarly,vx2235wm5 costs 13k(all inc)....no question....

so i m goin in for the dell se198wfp!!!!

cheers!

imgame2

Padawan

well....
the price of viewsonic vx1940w is 11k(all inc)....thats outta my budget...also i m concerned with the readability in 1680*1050 res in a 19" screen.....

similarly,vx2235wm5 costs 13k(all inc)....no question....

so i m goin in for the dell se198wfp!!!!

cheers!

thats good enough for now .....and once u go for total upgrade ...u might be buying a 24" monitor ...

though just look if u can find a local dell dealer and try to talk about price often u can get at the price below what is quoted on website ....so please look into that ...

happy gaming ..

keep us posted about HD4850 ...

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

thats good enough for now .....and once u go for total upgrade ...u might be buying a 24" monitor ...

though just look if u can find a local dell dealer and try to talk about price often u can get at the price below what is quoted on website ....so please look into that ...

happy gaming ..

keep us posted about HD4850 ...

well yes, i m geyying it from a local dell dealer....he is offering it for 9600 all inc...dats 100/- less than dell site! :cool: :p

and see my post abt hd4850 in the new thread i just created! :)

imgame2

Padawan

well yes, i m geyying it from a local dell dealer....he is offering it for 9600 all inc...dats 100/- less than dell site! :cool: :p

and see my post abt hd4850 in the new thread i just created! :)

cool ..have fun with gaming now ....!!!

tkin

Back to school!!

@tkin , link and if possible review please.

@imgame2 , for 22", i recommend the same model that i have , dell sp2208wfp . avoid LG as RTC errors are too much ( source xbitlabs.com ) . .samsung is good but way too costly for a 22" ( 22k when i last enquired ) and no panel guarantee ( if u get a CMO panel , then u're out of luck and u cant do anything ) and most models of samsung lack dvi-d. . viewsonic , i dint bother to see because of bad after-sale service. .

for 19" , i have done no research. . read a few reviews. xbitlabs.com , trustedreviews.com . .theres another good website for TFT reviews which is not coming to my mind. .

@mukherji , i think some viewsonic model has 2ms in 19" ..not sure. i think choto cheeta had done a review of it a few months back. .

PS
i finally remembered the name of the site for TFT reviews. behardware.com

*www.behardware.com/html/cat/22/
Here you go:- *hi-techreviews.com/reviews_2006/ExtremePower600/P1.htm
This isn't the best 600w P.S.U out there.One thing is that its cheap. But a few of my friends are using it on a C2 Q6600+XFX8800GT without any hiccups for about a year now.

My recommended P.S.U-Corsair CMPSU620HX 620w P.S.U, but for tight budgets CM is good.
(Treat this P.S.U as a 500w P.S.U i.e NO SLI/Crossfire is recommended)

imgame2

Padawan

Here you go:- *hi-techreviews.com/reviews_2006/ExtremePower600/P1.htm
This isn't the best 600w P.S.U out there.One thing is that its cheap. But a few of my friends are using it on a C2 Q6600+XFX8800GT without any hiccups for about a year now.

My recommended P.S.U-Corsair CMPSU620HX 620w P.S.U, but for tight budgets CM is good.
(Treat this P.S.U as a 500w P.S.U i.e NO SLI/Crossfire is recommended)

well yes old ones had no problem ...but the newer ones are going kaput ...corsiar 620HX is way out of my budget and i know i will never need it ...i want to use my current system till 2009 end then i will upgrade ....so till then for VX450 is good since it 84% efficiency ...and only thing i will be adding to this system will be a WD-680GB ...so VX450 is much better choice than CM here even if CM has a higher Wattage..

tkin

Back to school!!

well yes old ones had no problem ...but the newer ones are going kaput ...corsiar 620HX is way out of my budget and i know i will never need it ...i want to use my current system till 2009 end then i will upgrade ....so till then for VX450 is good since it 84% efficiency ...and only thing i will be adding to this system will be a WD-680GB ...so VX450 is much better choice than CM here even if CM has a higher Wattage..
Sure, but a 500w P.S.U might be good if you're putting a lot of components in.

imgame2

Padawan

Sure, but a 500w P.S.U might be good if you're putting a lot of components in.

all CM PSU works at 70% efficiency while corsiar works at 82-84% efficiency ...so the constant power u are assured to get is 500*0.7 =350W for CM500W and 600*0.7=420W while with corsiarVX450 u can get 450*0.84= 378W....so u can not always say that ...why do we not prefer zebronics/microteck 500W ?? which u can get in 0.5k ???

the reasons are obvious high quality components,constant current,and higher efficiency which u can't get from those zebronics and microteck brands ...

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@tkin , thanks for the review. . dated 2006 , i thought this was a new product. .theitwares dont seem to have it.. any idea of price ?

the only advantage i see is that it sports 2 pcie 6 pin connectors instead of one in vx450W. .and i doubt the CM600W to be sufficient for SLI / X-fire . if any single card needs 2x6pin pcie , then vx450W has enough molex's to spare and one can use a molex-> pcie . .even with more components i doubt if the CM600W can do better than the vx450W . IMO , if the load is so much that the vx450W fails , then the CM600W will also fail soon enough. lets remember that CM600W is a dual rail model and some current will get locked up in one of the rails and in most cases u wont be using both the 12 volt rails to their fullest potential. so , i dont think u can draw 420W out of that smps.

Shloeb

In the zone

The corsair psu is underrated. It provides 570W

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/540

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

The corsair psu is underrated. It provides 570W

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/540

great ! so its a good investment to buy vx450

@tkin , thanks for the review. . dated 2006 , i thought this was a new product. .theitwares dont seem to have it.. any idea of price ?

its 3400 at my place ..!

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

the only advantage i see is that it sports 2 pcie 6 pin connectors instead of one in vx450W. .and i doubt the CM600W to be sufficient for SLI / X-fire . if any single card needs 2x6pin pcie , then vx450W has enough molex's to spare and one can use a molex-> pcie . .even with more components i doubt if the CM600W can do better than the vx450W . IMO , if the load is so much that the vx450W fails , then the CM600W will also fail soon enough. lets remember that CM600W is a dual rail model and some current will get locked up in one of the rails and in most cases u wont be using both the 12 volt rails to their fullest potential. so , i dont think u can draw 420W out of that smps.
I already mentioned that in another post.It will NOT be enough.
And the VX450 will also not be sufficient for any GFX that requires 2 pins(HD4870) as it translates to higher power requirements and it won't just be enough.

The max output of VX450 is 570w.At that load continuously it will not last very long.It's best to use a P.S.U that works at its recommended normal load(450~500w here).
As for 2 pin cards corsair 500w P.S.Us(CMPSU520HX/VX550w) is least recommended(Coupled with a C2D/Q and 2GB RAM and a couple of HDDs, its least you need)

I have had very bad experiances regarding P.S.Us and from then I always prioritize P.S.U first.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ i never contradicted you before. .i merely read in the review as SLI capable or something like that and i commented on that

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4870,1964-15.html

*www.techspot.com/review/108-visiontek-radeon-4870/page11.html

As you can see , the max power consumed by the entire system ( excluding monitor ofcourse ) having a 4870 is well within 300W .. and i'm sure corsair vx450W can give 350W continous power without chances of failure. i see no problem with using a molex->pcie for the second connector needed in a 4870.

I have also had problems with psu's and i too have learnt the hard way that psu's are damn important. .Why do u think i got a CM 500W for my 8600GT ? ( vx450W was 4.5k then and CM500W was 3k ).

tkin

Back to school!!

^^ i never contradicted you before. .i merely read in the review as SLI capable or something like that and i commented on that

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4870,1964-15.html

*www.techspot.com/review/108-visiontek-radeon-4870/page11.html

As you can see , the max power consumed by the entire system ( excluding monitor ofcourse ) having a 4870 is well within 300W .. and i'm sure corsair vx450W can give 350W continous power without chances of failure. i see no problem with using a molex->pcie for the second connector needed in a 4870.

I have also had problems with psu's and i too have learnt the hard way that psu's are damn important. .Why do u think i got a CM 500W for my 8600GT ? ( vx450W was 4.5k then and CM500W was 3k ).
Chill yaar. don't get so serious.:D

I was just warning other people about using P.S.Us with low output and what that can do to their systems.Theres no contradiction here.This is a forum where people share their thoughts and ideas, this isn't a debate sort of thing.

I was just sharing my experiance, to be honest even 400w P.S.Us can theoratically run HD4870 but would you take the chance?:rolleyes:

NO HARD FEELINGS, I HOPE. WER'E ALL FRIENDS HERE.:)

imgame2

Padawan

Chill yaar. don't get so serious.:D

I was just warning other people about using P.S.Us with low output and what that can do to their systems.Theres no contradiction here.This is a forum where people share their thoughts and ideas, this isn't a debate sort of thing.

I was just sharing my experiance, to be honest even 400w P.S.Us can theoratically run HD4870 but would you take the chance?:rolleyes:

NO HARD FEELINGS, I HOPE. WER'E ALL FRIENDS HERE.:)

well we are not talking about some other 400W PSU we are talking about VX450 ...so its not ordinary run of the mill PSU ....u should consider reading reviews about VX450 ..

Top Bottom