Graphics Cards related queries here.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ALWAYS .....im a NVIDIA fanboy and will stick with their products till my last breath and BTW 9800GTX+ is a better card here in this case :)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

i'm not a fanboy . i've used ati rage II , rage pro , SiS 6326 , intel 915 , radeon x200 onboard and geforce 8600GT.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93505

i just saw this thread . . .looks like i'm eating my words. .at this price , forget the 9800GTX+ and get the hd4870. .

@mukherji , slightly increase ur budget and get the hd4870. .

imgame2

Padawan

i'm not a fanboy . i've used ati rage II , rage pro , SiS 6326 , intel 915 , radeon x200 onboard and geforce 8600GT.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93505

i just saw this thread . . .looks like i'm eating my words. .at this price , forget the 9800GTX+ and get the hd4870. .

@mukherji , slightly increase ur budget and get the hd4870. .

at that price i will buy 4870 myself ..i was planning to buy 4850 ....by the end of this month ..and i m sure by then picture will be quite clear

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

This is wat i found:
1. *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2244
2. *techshop.in/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=118&products_id=2384

now what?

discounting CUDA(i dunno how much use it is), is an Nvidia 9800GTX+ for PhysX support really worth buying?
wat does PhysX offer that the HD48x0 and Ati cant?

id say u go for ati hd4870.. as it is much more future proof..
physx support is not worthwile according to me.. right now.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^+1
Don't buy nVidia cards just for PhysX support. They're not of much importance as of now in games and graphics cards can handle the physics processing in todays games quite efficiently.. Get the HD4870. It costs around 14k. Refer to this thread for more info on The RV770 GPUs

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^man its costing 42k .... :O:O u can get a gaming rig with that kinda money :|

and 2 normal PCs:D

IMHO physx shouldn't be the deciding point for purchasing gfx cards because well look what happenned when a true dx10(i.e no port but a a solid pc exclusive)game CRYSIS came out,till date almost every card has problem playing it at full settings, so what happens when a true physics supporting game comes out and that may not happen for a while is that the story will be repeated.
And as far as other games and ports are considered they will always serve the majority of us out there with not so fancy physics capable cards.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

nVidia owns PhsyX, but this doesn't means AMD has nothing related to PhysX. AMD will bring PhysX with HAVOC. There is no clear point what will bring it, either GPU or CPU accelerated. But they say that HAVOC is the widely used Physics engine. Besides there aren't much games which uses PhysX but game developers are creating games which uses PhysX.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

see this *www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-stream-processor-GPGPU,6072.html

wat next? :eek:

govindeconn

HD4850 is hottt!!

thanks again for replying i will buy the card within few days but i need to upgrade my psu too ..u say coolermaster 500W cost u 2k ? whereas wherever i have asked they say its 2.6k.and i don't know about digit review but as far as it works fine i have no problem with heat.

but as u say and as many people have said that fan tweak works,its fine with me.also somewhere i have read that bios update also fixes the heating problem ..have u tried updating the bios?

:confused:BIOS???? hmmm ... the fan tweak did the trick!,so i din go any further!:D ... its the same store from where i got the psu!;)

[rApToR]

Computer Maniac !

If I buy ATI HD4870 card , would Corsair VX450W do the job as a PSU ?
Also whats the latest price of HD4870 card if anyone knows plz. ?
Should I go for 4870 or 9800 GTX+ ?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

[rApToR];912721 said:
If I buy ATI HD4870 card , would Corsair VX450W do the job as a PSU ?
Also whats the latest price of HD4870 card if anyone knows plz. ?
Should I go for 4870 or 9800 GTX+ ?

HD4870..... it costs around 19k

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

ya if ur budget allows then get it BUT wait if ur gonna spend 19k on it, then get a GTX260 which is around 20k and performs better then ATI HD4870 :) u need a Corsair HX620W for any one u buy or a CM600W.I don't think that VX420W will cut it :)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

Well I was about to buy Corsair TX750 W PSU and HD 4850 GPU but I thought that since the only game I'm seriously dying to play is GTA4 which is coming on 21st Nov, i should better wait 'cause my current GPu is able to run all the games at the res. of 1360x768 at decent settings so why should waste 25K ,which I saved, on such stuff which I plan to upgrade anyway next year. Let GTA4 come, if it poses a trouble for my surrent config then I'll buy a HD 4870 and moreover, it might have undergone a price cut. ;)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Well I was about to buy Corsair TX750 W PSU and HD 4850 GPU but I thought that since the only game I'm seriously dying to play is GTA4 which is coming on 21st Nov, i should better wait 'cause my current GPu is able to run all the games at the res. of 1360x768 at decent settings so why should waste 25K ,which I saved, on such stuff which I plan to upgrade anyway next year. Let GTA4 come, if it poses a trouble for my surrent config then I'll buy a HD 4870 and moreover, it might have undergone a price cut. ;)

+1, my p00r system can also run all the games comfortably at a res. of 1440x900 and if its not able to run Alan Wake, Far Cry 2 and Brother's in Arms : Hell's Highway plus STALKER: Clear Sky . I already hav GTA4 on X360 so not giving it much importance.

[rApToR]

Computer Maniac !

Hey guys should I go for 4850 instead of GF 9800 GTX+ ?
I want to play all the recent titles on almost full settings .
My config is :
Intel C2D 6750 2.66 GHz
Intel DG33FB mthbd
2 X 1GB dual channel 667 MHz RAM
400 W Zebronics plus PSU.

Also tell me if my PSU is sufficient to run it or I should go for Corsair VX450W .

Top Bottom