Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Guru3D Review On Galaxy 9500GT

Another one :D
*en.expreview.com/2008/05/06/review-nvidia-geforce-9500gt/

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Hmm.. Its better than the 8600GTS. But if nVidia sells it for more than 7k, then it will have very little VFM

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

frnz..i am all for an ati hd4850.....
but cant decide on the model....gecube or sapphire....
down here in kolkata....tirupati guyz say dat gecube model wil b available in the next wk on shelves @ Rs.11500+ tax....GC-HD485PG3-E3--- *www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_cat_pid=243&prod_cat_id=244&prod_id=382926
whereas the aditya infotech mandarins insist dat supply of sapphire cards will regularize by the 2nd wk of august 2008....@Rs.15000+tax!!!!!!:eek: ---- *www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=244&grp=3

i hv come across n specifically interested in the sapphire toxic hd4850 edition with slight overclock n more importantly zalman cooling.....*www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=247&grp=3

hw different are gecube n sapphire....???

wat should i do....plz comment

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc

GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H is a mobo for AMD proccy right, isnt there something like this for intel proccies
and still I am waiting for which company HD3850 are we getting in 6K.

Besides I checked in SP road, got info about Sapphire HD3850 priced at 9K+

Is this MSI really a 8600GT 512MB DDR3 NX8600GT-T2D512EZ/D3

Price in Lynx-India is given 4200
any idea of this GPU how good it is.

Last edited:

desibond
And the king of sub10k is HD4850
Can you point to where to get such a deal.

As an aside,the graphic card pricing in our country is outrageous.Check out this card and it's pricing(*www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4850-2-gb-gddr3-review/).

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^I think its suppose to be cheaper than that outside India. Cuz here itself you can get the card for about 10k(250$)

forever

filth is me

frnz..i am all for an ati hd4850.....
but cant decide on the model....gecube or sapphire....
down here in kolkata....tirupati guyz say dat gecube model wil b available in the next wk on shelves @ Rs.11500+ tax....
whereas the aditya infotech mandarins insist dat supply of sapphire cards will regularize by the 2nd wk of august 2008....@Rs.15000+tax!!!!!!:eek:

i hv come across n specifically interested in the sapphire toxic hd4850 edition with slight overclock n more importantly zalman cooling.....

hw different are gecube n sapphire....???

wat should i do....plz comment

If your going to go for a card based on the reference design then the brand name doesn't matter all that much. Go for the cheaper one and/or the one that comes with a better warranty.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

even Gecube now has an overclock edition of the 4850....
GC-ZHD485PG3-E3---
*www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_cat_pid=243&prod_cat_id=244&prod_id=383202 ---unsureabt the price tho

now am even more confused:(

forever

filth is me

Its upto you, if you can wait for them to hit the local markets and willing to shell out the extra bucks, non-reference cards are definitely a better buy :)

@mukherjee:'forever' is right non reference cards are a better choice since they come with better cooling solutions but as far as OC is considered most of the card can be OC'ed to same degree keeping cooling scaled with OC of course.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

frnz..sumwhere i saw a post giving links to a site(with pics) for radeon 4850 fan tweak....it was right here in digit forums>hardware toubleshooting...but i jus cant remember the thread....searches yielded blank results.....it wasnt guru3d forums....sumthing else...if anybody can plz help me.....

imgame2

Padawan

where can i get the best price for ati raedon hd 4850, some people here are saying that one can get in 10k but i found no shop in chennai which is selling it right now ? is it wise to buy from theitwares or techshop.in ...where its about 12k ? please guide me people i want to buy this card by this month end.

i would prefer gecube over palit because of very good cooler of gecube

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Geforce 9500 GT, 9800 GT and 9800 GTX+ released

evga 9500GT : $69.99

Stream processors: 32
Core clock: 550 MHz
Shader clock: 1400 MHz
Memory clock: 1000 MHz
Memory bus width: 128 bits

Gigabyte model with 1600MHz memory clock is priced at $89.99

9800GT Reference card : $149.99
9800GTX+ reference card: $199

looks like nvidia is back into the game but at a cost. This will cut down their profits. But pride is more important :)

But I still prefer HD4850 over 9800GT and 9800GTX+ due to it's amazing overclocking abilities and I am pretty sure AMD will reduce the price of this card.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

When this card 9500GT came in2 picture....:D

will this card beat 8600GT...but not 9600GT i guess :)

if the price drop is there in both 4850 & 9800GT then which wud be a best buy ?:confused:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ KaranTh85
4850 will be best buy than 9800GT or GTX.
But I think 9800GTX+ is better than 4850 ( personal choice :D )

Also X500 series card is always low performer than x600 series like 8600GT better than 8500GT :D

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Its just a li'l better than the 4850. But it will surely cost a lot more than the 4850.

Top Bottom