Graphics Cards related queries here.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ ( @arsenal_gunners )if u can put a bit more money , get evga / msi 8600GT .. i'm not saying palit is a bad brand .. havent seen palit 8600GT in action . .no idea how it is. ..

400W is enough for a 9600GT but not a local 400W . .something from cooler master or antec or corsair rated 400W will suffice but not the local zebronics 400W. . i recommend atleast a cooler master 600W for 3.2k for a 9600GT or 8800GT.

Last edited:

neelu09

Broken In

is 300 watt psu enough for 8600GT/9600GT...................

^^ if u can put a bit more money , get evga / msi 8600GT .. i'm not saying palit is a bad brand .. havent seen palit 8600GT in action . .no idea how it is. ..

400W is enough for a 9600GT but not a local 400W . .something from cooler master or antec or corsair rated 400W will suffice but not the local zebronics 400W. . i recommend atleast a cooler master 600W for 3.2k for a 9600GT or 8800GT.

in that case i will wait and get a new PC

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

no 300W is not good for this card. Not just the wattage but the voltage also will not be sufficient.

andysmith45

Broken In

@arsenal_gunners , pcie 2.0 slot aint a problem . .9600GT will work fine with no performance loss in a pcie 1.1 slot which u have . .but psu will be a problem . .

pay nothing more than 5k for a 8600GT as others have suggested. .

@andysmith45 , if u want to buy locally and these are the only options u have . best bet is sparkle 8600GT gddr3 for 5.1k .
i think u should contact theitwares ( Mr. Rahul ) and order a evga 8600GT 256mb gddr3 for 5k. paying 6k for a better cooler on a 8600GT is pointless.

And for those low on budget , the palit 8600GT 256mb gddr3 has been quoted for 4k in theitwares which makes it a sweet deal .. i dont think its the sonic version , but its worth a look . .

What's the quality of sparkle cards like? For non-passively cooled Sparkle 8600GT models and non-sonic Palit models, I still don't know if they heat up a lot or not and whether their noise decibels r within acceptable range.

P

paranj

All 8600GT are silent enogh to bare. And for that matter all NVIDIA cards:D ATi is the only bad guys here:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^DDR3 refers to RAM memory. And I mean the system RAM. Its only used there. GDDR memory is used in GPU RAM. GDDR5 is also out but noone uses more than GDDR3.

Sapphire HD3870 512MB GDDR4
MSI RX3870XT 512MB GDDR4
Sapphire HD 2600XT 256MB GDDR4
GeCube RX3870XT 512 MB GDDR4

*www.theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

P

paranj

topgear, did i say GDDR4 and 5 are not usable? i know they are used. If u dont know than there X1950 versions of GDDR4 from ASUS and like :p

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast

I wanted to buy a 8 series card in a budget range of about 6k. I am looking at the 8600GT mostly. Please suggest some good brands and also another card in the same range with better power.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

If you are buying the 8600GT, then buy the Asus 8600GT. Stay away from XFX, its got a lo of heating issues.

P

paranj

ASUS as much as heard is near 6.0k and Palit is around the same :)

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

Palit Sonic series is gud......some of the eVGA cards r manufactured by Palit.....but there r some pretty bad models from Palit which fools customers by givin 1GB GDDR1 RAMs instead of 256GDDR3......

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Even 1 GB of GDDR3 RAM in 8600GT is of no use afaik.. The core cant make use of that much RAM..

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

AFAIF.....I know dat dude..........dats wat I said they fool custmers......read the post well before u reply plz

P

paranj

ASUS is a more reputed and trusted company than Palit and IMO go with ASUS EN8600 GT 256MB GDDR3 or theres always an option to buy 2x9800GX2 and be happy:D

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

ASUS is a more reputed and trusted company than Palit
U got any points to prove that??? Did you have any experience with Palit products?? If u dont, then please dont comment on it.
IMO, Palit is nice for what it is giving!
See, its ok, u can suggest GPU to anyone. Just, dont make it look like endorsing a product! Look, bro..dont take it otherwise. You cant force someone towards one product or brand. What if, everyone start saying their products as best? ehhh..?
But, yep..please share your experiences with ur product. That'll help others, take decisions easily. :)

P

paranj

^^Well if thats what you want. ASUS as much as i have used is a masterpiece. but the ASUS which i have used was the FX5200 so lolz:D But still ASUS is going good and Digit has given its EN8600GT 256MB GDDR3 version the Best Buy. I dont know about Palit as i have not used it but the Zalman cooler on Sonic+ looks tempting. I have a XFX product now the XFX 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog Edition but i wont recommand the XFX 8600GT as it has over-heating problems. This proves my point that I DONT SAY THAT THE PRODUCTS WHICH I BUY ARE THE BEST. :)

Top Bottom