Graphics Cards related queries here.

Delpiero

Journeyman
yash said:
but is it available in india?which dealer? and the cost too if u can. :?
Gigabyte is available. HIS should be available i am not sure. Which one have you decided? Go for Gigabyte. Do you overclock your graphic card?

yash

I draw every day
no i dont oc my card but i havent decided which one i`ll go 4 i like the looks and coolin mechanism of his cards though.

Delpiero

Journeyman
yash said:
no i dont oc my card but i havent decided which one i`ll go 4 i like the looks and coolin mechanism of his cards though.

Then simply go for Gigabyte X800pro. It's the best. It runs cool as well. Tempeartures isn't a problem with this card. I think it will cost you around 15-16 k in new delhi not exactly sure.

KHUBBU said:
Whats the price of gainward 6600 gt. Heard
somewhere that it was going to be priced less than xfx.

Gainward 6600GT -RS 10,200 in new delhi

yash

I draw every day
why cant i see my signature that i just added?
well forget that, could u direct me to a review of the gigabit x800 pro?
fine the card dosent have problems with heat, but if its spewing hot air inside my cabinet, the other components might have difficulty working to their best potential....thats what i feel and was opting for the ice q cooling technology on the his cards

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
whats good in bangkok?

CAn anyone tell me if any comp part is cheaper and better in bangkok??? My realtives will be going there so can anyone tell me fast?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
hi

forget the x800pro

consider
agp: 6800gt 256mb
pcie:x800xl/6800gt 256mb
try to take 3yr warranty , is the card goes after a yr :cry: especially with powercolour and club3d especially their ati stuff
try 3yrs warrnty

sidvarman

Right off the assembly line
i'm looking for an 8X AGP card with 256MB memory. whats the best performing cards? if the answer can be put in price ranges would be great. not too fond of Ati but open to suggestions. currently on a 5600XT with 128 MB memory and is a bottleneck in overall system performace. not looking at PCI express ones as will need to get new mobo and proc as well.
current config:

AMD 3000+
ASUS K8S-MX
512 RAM @ 333Mhz
128 MB RAM nVidia 5600XT
120 GB SATA Seagate HDD
Creative Live! 5.1

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
sidvarman:
6800nu from BIG is between 13-14 K. Better deal is the 6800GT which has come down to 18K in Mumbai. Whats ur budget ? Also the 6600GT is available for 10.5K. Mate you dont need a 256 MB card. Trust me the price to performance betwen the 128 MB and the 256 MB cards are negligible.

sidvarman

no real budget as such. just looking for a card that will make the system workable for at least a year (being optimistic). saw real time how fast a 64MB top Nvidia card was out for being a BAD BOY to a wimpy. 6800 series and the 6600 ones you mentioned are the AGP slot ones right? here in b'lore, even in some of the "renowned" stores, dopes dont know what a PCI express and a AGP card look like and simply say "give us a model and we'll look for it". end of day.... same deal again.
have seen 6800 series in PCI format as well in DIGIT mag a couple of times so was not too sure.
the current one i got gives real low scores on any pc performace stats. the system tops almost all units in the AMD 3000+ series but falls flat in every single 2D and 3D graphics tests by more than 100 or in some 300 points! and the GPU is overclocked to add a bit of performance and all background apps are shutoff as well.
so there....
games used are KOTOR 2, Republic Commando, DOOM 3, NFS UNDG 2 and D3 requires me to shut down all the background apps to even get min res to run or risk seein the bullet hit the Ghouls in real time slo-mo matrix style. KOTOR 2 runs only if card is overclocked and i run it only for an hour before heat becomes issue as well

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
lol...I dont know who your dealers are but I too am in Bangalore and I trust me PCI-E cards are very much available here. Anyways the cards I was talking of is available in both AGP and PCI-E. The prices I mentioned were for the AGP. My suggestion on the higher side if you can get the 6800GT else on the lower side the 6600GT. All are extremely capable cards which will give u good performance. And will play most games for the next 2 years.

antony

anyone know the price of geforce 6600gt and geforce 6800gt. in newegg they are at around 180usd and 300usd. i just want to know whether this is going to be the same price in india

cybershastri

Journeyman
Check out this card.

I got this info from techmirchi.com :

XFX Geforce 6600GT-128DDR AGP 8X Graphic Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: Rs 13700
Free Shipping
Shipping Time:3 Days
Product code:173
Warranty:3 Years
In Stock
Manufacturer : XFX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of this card and the price?? I think the price is a bit high. Whats the price elsewhere?? I searched on e-bay. They dont have a 6600 or 6800 card. In fact they dont have any high end cards. Where else can I buy a decent graphics card online??

Shastri.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
antony:

No ways are you gonna get the prices on newegg in India. Prices are always higher here. Much higher!!

cybershastri:

The price of a 6600GT is aroun 11k. However the techmirchi price is also inclusive of shipping which is quite useful for people living in areas without access to this card.

Top Bottom