Graphics Card : Wait or Buy

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
How long can you wait? If not much (say 1-2 months max), then get a 6850 or increase your budget a bit and get a 6870.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
well, I don't know for sure if HD7800 series is launching this month or March. if it's march, the wait is pointless.

We can't even be sure of a price cut, the older products will jst disappear away.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
7950 will be launched in February, expect another month for availability in India. In your budget, 7850 or 7770 may come but don't expect them here before March-April.

digitaltab

In the zone
i'll suggest you to do not wait and buy a 6870, as there are some shops , like in delhi, the computer empire, which are selling 6870 @~10k, cost to cost in delhi= 10400-10700,
because if you wait for 7xxx series, you'll not be able to get a card powerful than 6870 in 10k as the prices will be high initially...

OP
bajaj151
^^ Which one should I buy..if I buy now ?

MSI Cyclone Power Edition 6850
OR
MSI or Sapphire 6870

Resolution : 1920*1080

OP
bajaj151
I have heard that, computer empire sells fake or used graphics card n all.Is it so ?

Any idea about current price of Sapphire 6870 (Delhi) as price on SMC site seems high.

kapilove77

Padawan
^^ Don't think computer empire sell fake items i got my rig from there mostly. And you find most things there than any other shop.

digitaltab

In the zone
I have heard that, computer empire sells fake or used graphics card n all.Is it so ?

Any idea about current price of Sapphire 6870 (Delhi) as price on SMC site seems high.

you can trust computer empire in a blindfold manner...

and i am sure there you'll get sapphire 6870 @ price<10k

saswat23

Human Spambot
IMO you should settle with the Cyclone 6850. Or you can even get the HD 7770, but the former performs better than the later.

HD 6850 vs HD 7770
Radeon HD 6850 vs Radeon HD 7770 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

balaji2525

Broken In
7*** series will have less power consumption compare to 6*** but performance wise everything is going to be more or less same . So, don't wait just go ahead and buy what you wish for

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
7770 is good.Power consumption is lower.I saw some benchmarks.It showed 7770 beating 6850/70 in some games

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ only in BF3 and DiRT 3 though 1-2 fps difference is not really that BiG but in most of the game titles HD6850 is still faster ;-)

Top Bottom