Graphics card purchase help

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkd

Padawan
I am planning to buy a graphics card within this week
preferably 560Ti Hawk (available @14.0k+tax) or 6950 TF3 PE
But the situation is 6950 TF3 is not available here but 6950 toxic is available @16.5k+tax

I was inclined to TF3 because of great cooling
Moreover Sapphire's warraty is 2 yrs whereas MSI have 3 yrs.

Now should I go for 6950 Toxic (worried about the cooling) or 560Ti would be better?

for my specs please refer to my siggy!!

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If not available why not order online :?
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

DARK KNIGHT

The silent Warrior
What if that somebody don't have the online banking , Than what to do
these sites want online banking . OP have the same situation like mine
Please guide us guys .

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
sapphire has 3 years warranty.

isn't sapphire PCIE 1gb or 2gb(dirt3 available)?

the PCIE cooler is as good as TFIII.

although toxic temps wont bother you. a gpu can handle those. its a great card with nice oc potential. can easily go above 900mhz without overvolting. excellent for 6950.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Toxic 100312TXSR Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@OP:

Performance wise Toxic is the best 6950 you could get, if you are not too finicky about cooling. It performs close to 6970 and its dual BIOS is supposed to unlock the additional shaders of the card. On the downside, it consumes more power and runs hotter than TF3. I think you are getting a good deal on Toxic. Get it. :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
these might be helpful -
Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950 Owners Club / Informational Thread - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
[Reviews/Benchmarks] Sapphire 6950 Toxic 2GB Overclocking & Unlocked - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
EVGA has 2 years warrant here. Only the TR cards are sold here. A1 has 10 years in Europe and Lifetime in US/Canada

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
An EVGA product contains a suffix used to identify the warranty. As an example: 130-SB-E675-KR shows -KR for the suffix. This example can be used for all EVGA part numbers when referencing the suffix.

All -KR products purchased ON or AFTER January 1st, 2011 include a 3 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Registration is recommended. Optional Extended Warranty and Step-Up™ eligibility are offered for purchase upon product registration of a -KR part number within 30 days of the purchase date.
This includes the following suffixes: -K1, -K2, -KR
Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days of the ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive EVGA's Free Extended Warranty. All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 2 year limited warranty. Refer to the following suffix guide to identify the length of your warranty:
Limited 10 Year: -ER, -E1, -E2, -E3, -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX (EU Region only)
Limited 3 Year: -EK, -K1, -K2, -KR (Before 1/1/11)
Limited 2 Year: -ET, -EL, -LA, -LE, -LR, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
Limited 1 Year: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR
Limited 90 Day: -RX (Recertified parts)

Warranty

Click the EMEA link.

DARK KNIGHT

The silent Warrior
hey , jas the link which u have given the in newegg.com did u check it. it says
they were out of stock . now what dude.

ssb1551

Technomancer
What if that somebody don't have the online banking , Than what to do
these sites want online banking . OP have the same situation like mine
Please guide us guys .

Sites like theitwares, smc don't need you to have online banking. You can deposit the cash at any branch of their respective choices & let 'em know by mail or phone & voila!, you are good to go. Its that easy!!

Sarath

iDota
The itwares can put it up on eBay on request. That will drive up the price slightly.

Correct me if wrong.

Sarath

iDota
You cam use a coupon and get it for lower then.

If the diwali offer stands you can maybe win a HDD

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Buy online from trusted sites like smc,itwares,deltapage,itdepot or primeabgb, they all accept cash deposite to their bank account.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
I think I'll settle with 560Ti Hawk(14.5k)..6950 Toxic(17k+) will push my budget in tough zone..BTW I can play all the game in full resolution(1920x1080) with mid to high setting for next 2 yrs in Hawk, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom