Graphics card & PSU upgrades ....pLSE HELP!!!!

Aj12

Broken In
hi guys .. and i decided that it was time to upgrade my graphics card.

i have an nvida 9400 which i mainly use for gaming..
some of the games i play a cod blackops,mw2,civilization v and so on.....
I Have decided to get the sapphire hd 5750...

my specs are..

core i5 750

gigabyte h55 hd mobo

4gb ram

segate barracuda 1 tb hard disk

nvida 9400

samsung b2030 (monitor)

i ball stunner (which includes a zebtronics 450 watt psu or smps as some may call it)

NOW THIS IS WHERE I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP....

by looking up the specs of the sapphire 5750 i realised that i have to replace the psu or smps which came with the cabinet(zebtronics 450 watt economy series)

so ive decided to buy a GIGABYTE SUPBERB 460 WATT PSU which would run the graphics card optimally(of courSe i an open to suggestions)

BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHETHER THE PSU OR SMPS CHOSEN BY ME ie THE GIGABYTE SUPERB 460WATT WILL BE COMPATTIBLE WITH THE CASE THAT I HAVE ie IBALL STUNNER.......

but bear in mind that i cab afford to upgrade ONLY THE GRAPHICS CARD AND THE pSU OR SMPS IF NECESSARY......

sO GUYS..... THIS IS WHERE I NEED UR HELP..
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
My suggestion would be drop the idea of 5750 & go for 5770.Its 1k more than your choice but its worth it.
And there should be no problem using the PSU in the cabinet.

blademast3r

In the zone
Sapphire hd 5750 and 5770 are both awesome. Using 5750.. Ive overclocked it by 150 mhz and performs way better than a stock 5770 now,,

As for psu.. I recently bought an antec True power new 650w.. amazing psu.. My advice is when u go for good components a good psu is a must.. go fr psu's either corsair,antec,mushkin, seasonic. These are v expensive but trust me they're worth it and are more or less permanent. Google for 80 plus rating..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The PSU choosen buy you will easily fit inside of your cabby.

An altenative option for PSU should be FSP Saga II 500W around Rs. 2.2k.

Top Bottom