Still a lot to learn
I need a 1 GB graphics card and a PSU for it. My configuration is-
Processor:Intel Pentium D 820 2.8 GHz
RAM: 1GB DDR2
Motherboard:Intel D101GGC
PSU: PERX ATX POWER SUPPLY p4 -400w
GPU:ATI Radeon 200 Series 256MB
PCI-E X16 slot
I have a monitor with 1280x1024 resolution.
Please can you suggest me. I want to play games like X-Men Origins Wolverine, Far cry 2, Just Cause 2. I can extend my budget to 6k. Thanks

Last edited:

Tarun

In the zone
what resolution are you planning to play at ??? dont tel 1080p pls :p :p
make sure you get a PSU before a GPU pls or else u might end up blowing your precious PC up :eek:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HD5670 512Mb GDDR5 @ 4k
local PSU 500W @ 0.5k
2Gb DDR2 @ 1.5

TOTAL 6k. yes a better PSU is recommended but 2Gb ram will really help. a local PSU will handle HD5670 just fine.

koolent

Youngling
Yup, You should get an HD 5670 From Sapphire I guess..

And

PSU Can be Corsir CX 430 For Rs. 2.5k

Well, Talking about Brands.. :)

OP
S

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
Do i need to upgrade my ram because 1 time i tried 1gb stick with 256mb stick and my computer kept hanging on intel screen through where we go to bios

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that could be due to latency/timing mismatch - if ypou have 2GB mem performamnce will improve but if you have plan to upgrade your cpu+mobo then you better skip it - if no upgrade then get 1GB DDR mem and make sure the new module has same timing ( look at CL rate ) as your old ram module - if you are unsure post a cpu-z mem and spd tab pic in here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you continue to use this rig i.e. no major upgrade in GPU or processor, a proper 350W PSU is sufficient. FSP Saga II 350W. but get the FSP saga II 400/500W if you can as 350W cost close to 2k.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Sakar - you can get the FSP Saga II 350 from here at ~1.7k ;-)
FSP SAGA II 350 350W Power Supply - SAGA II 350 by: FSP - TechShop.in

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes you can game on the DDR3 version but both the GDDR5 and G/DDR3 are priced more or less same. maybe the 1Gb DDR3 will cost same as 512Mb version of GDDR5 but the GDDR5 is recommended as the performance should be better. also maybe you can overclock the GDDR5 memory more but this doesn't matter if you run the GPU at stock speed.

OP
S

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
My PSU is actually PERX ATX POWER SUPPLY P4 -400W.
Will 5670 work with it. Also, i want to know which brand i should buy Gigabyte/Asus etc.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
what's the +12V rating of that PSU ?? It may run but Pentium D is a power hungry cpu so it would be better if you opt for a better PSU like one I mentioned on the previous post.

As for Brands get Sapphire HD5670.

OP
S

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
I also saw msi and thought for Msi R5670-PD512. Can you tell me its price and in sapphire which is good and in my budget? Can you tell me the price of Sapphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 Low Profile and its exact model? Also the price of Msi R5670 Cyclone 1G

Last edited:
Top Bottom