Graphic Comparison: X360 Vs PS3 : Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Gamespot recently conducted the latest GFX comparison between X360 and PS3.

See for yourself which is better:

*www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/index.html

Assassin's Creed

X360:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/assassins1.jpg
PS3:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/assassins1_2.jpg

X360:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/assassins5.jpg
PS3
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/assassins5_2.jpg

X360:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/assassins3.jpg
PS3:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/assassins3_2.jpg

The Orange Box

X360:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/orange3.jpg
PS3:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/orange3_2.jpg

X360:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/orange5.jpg
PS3:
*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/x360-ps3-round3/orange5_2.jpg

*www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/index.html

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Poor AF reflection in PS3.Looks a bit fuzzy compared to the PS3.I never rely too much on the screenshots though.It's better to compare both console side by side on an HDTV.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
+1 with Secret Agent Man.
Can't say anything through screenshot, moreover who knows if the image for 360 has been Photoshopped by Pro 360ers who want to prove its better than PS3. :D
One has to see both running same game on HDTV side by side to make out any noticeable difference. Moreover the games on XBOX 360 are its Gen. 2 games whilst PS3 is you can say in Gen 1.5 Wait for PS3's Gen.2 games marked by the release of GT5 then compare the graphics of the two consoles.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
seems like xbox has got little edge .. but when it comes to smooth game play and loads of xtra stuff... ps3 has seriuos edge... and lets not forget the sheer power.. GFLOPS - 208 compared to 80-90 GFLOPS in xbox360
and i even heard that some game dev for 360 were shrunk to fit in the dvd ... hd dvd ...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Personally I never bother too much about these Graphic round comparisons between the consoles.If there is a huge difference while I play on either of the consoles then it's worth saying that Xbox 360's graphics is better or the PS3.But I don't think we dip too much into detail while playing the actual game.These comparisons are usually done by people who really want to take up the magnifying glass test to filter out the graphical capabilities.As a gamer for me it matter for me to have a good & lag free experience while playing the game.PERIOD.;)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Personally I never bother too much about these Graphic round comparisons between the consoles.If there is a huge difference while I play on either of the consoles then it's worth saying that Xbox 360's graphics is better or the PS3.But I don't think we dip too much into detail while playing the actual game.These comparisons are usually done by people who really want to take up the magnifying glass test to filter out the graphical capabilities.As a gamer for me it matter for me to have a good & lag free experience while playing the game.PERIOD.;)

+1.....

Its just games.. Play it way u like...
anyways...both are awesome.....i dont care if i cannot count the hair on my marks head as long as i get a headshot....well thats just my twopenny...

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Rightly Said.

But this Comparison was done for those who always say 'PS3 is powerful' , 'PS3 is better' .

Also , visit the gamespot link n then see the screenshots there n u'll see that there is quite a difference in the GFX quality .

As for me , gameplay matters the most and i'm happy with my 360.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^HEHE! I understand where you're coming from mate.But trust me both the consoles seem really good to me,graphically that is.I don't feel Xbox is anywhere behind in this race this time.PS3 was over hyped for it's graphical aspect & the almighty cell but in reality Xbox 360 is just as competitive with the PS3.Gears of War is something which could trash Resistance: FOM anyday.So I don't have a doubt for any console being inferior than the other.Both are equally good for me.:D

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
^HEHE! I understand where you're coming from mate.But trust me both the consoles seem really good to me,graphically that is.I don't feel Xbox is anywhere behind in this race this time.PS3 was over hyped for it's graphical aspect & the almighty cell but in reality Xbox 360 is just as competitive with the PS3.Gears of War is something which could trash Resistance: FOM anyday.So I don't have a doubt for any console being inferior than the other.Both are equally good for me.:D
Yup. GOW can trash ANY FPS or TPS on the PS3 or even the 360 .

GOW2 releasing in Nov , boy i'm excited .

crampy2 at Xbox-Scene said:
Allow me to give my 2 cents, I think the reason we as gamers are making such a big deal out which console is better is similar to the above post. I believe that since Sony claimed that their PS3 console was capable of so much more graphically than that of Micro$oft's Xbox360 that we are now asking ourselves this "hey what happened to the console that would take us to the 4th dimension"? Not only could Sony not take us to the 4th dimension, they could barely keep up with the weak Xbox360 (graphically). We have to remind them of the false promises prior to the PS3 release. LIARS LIARS muhaha.gif their pants on fire. It's time to step up Sony.

Last edited:
one main thing about these Xbox vs PlayStation wars:

Sony system is much much better by processing power. Infact, it should be sold as a server or something. But its GPU is still weak compared to Xbox's GPU. Xbox has a modest, what we people can now call "mainstream" Power PC Triple Core CPU, which is about more than enough for gaming, but its GPU is perfect.

Sony is similar to using two C2Q Q9450 CPU + HD3870 for gaming.
Xbox is similar to using one C2D E7300 CPU + 8800GT for gaming.

obviously Xbox wins for standard gaming. Sony manages stuff mostely by making its Cell processor do physics, etc, so that its GPU doesn't have to do much work...

But then, sony PS3's main pricing point is the Cell processor, whose MRP, when comparing to the Core2 Extreme CPUs, I suppose must be 3/4th of the entire PS3 cost :lol:

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Sony had , Prior to the release of the PS2 too said that it was a supercomputer and blabbered all about it's processing power and how it would replace servers n stuff . Same story with PS3 .

The CPU power of the Cell is only the speculated power , not the real benchmarks .

Sony puts it's GPU's computational power at 1800 GFLOPS and Microsoft at 240 GFLOPS . And still the X360 GPU beats the heck out of PS3's . This shows How much Sony is Lying .

And besides , what finally matters in a game console is Who's games are better .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom