Graphic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

saifkamaal

Right off the assembly line
HI Folks,

Can anyone plz tell me if sapphire radeon 2600 Pro will be able to run GTA 4 ... and which is better GeForce 9400 or Sapphire Radeon 2600.
I basically need a graphic card which supports Directx 10 around 4- 5 K.
Plz help

pavasedge

Your worst nightmare
If u can spend 4-5 K,then go for Palit HD 4670,it is best in that price and way better than 9400GT and HD 2600pro.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Palit HD 4670 512 DDR3 is for as low as 4.3k.
If u can stretch it to 5.2k, then Palit 9600GT is there, but ull need a PSU upgrade for the 9600GT.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
If u have a PSU say 450W above with a 6 pin connector, then get a 9600GT for 5.4k

Else HD4670 for 4.8k

OP
S

saifkamaal

thnks for the reply folks..

was just about to close in on 9600 GT ..but came across this

*www.ultimatehardware.net/nvidia/asus_geforce_9600_gt.htm

here it looks like 9600 takes a beating from 4670. also wll any of these play GTA 4.

thnks once again for your reply. :)

OP
S

saifkamaal

btw ...." Lord of DATA" ... i m a little dumb in this context so if can help me how do i check whether i have a PSU 450 W or above with a 6 pin connector ?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
such PSUs wil cost u min of 2k.
nyways, open ur chassis and look for the PSU specification bout the wattage and the voltage on 12v rail.
i think 9600GT need min of 24A on +12v rail.
and also check for a 6 pin power connector from the PSU. U can also use twin molex to 6 pin which usually comes with such cards.

OP
S

saifkamaal

ok checked it.. i have a PSU with 4 pin connector.. so i guess got to be satisfied with Palit HD 4670. btw i hv an asus P5RD2-VM motherboard. One last thing does Palit HD 4670 and GTA 4 work in tandem.

once again thnks for the response

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
ok checked it.. i have a PSU with 4 pin connector.. so i guess got to be satisfied with Palit HD 4670. btw i hv an asus P5RD2-VM motherboard. One last thing does Palit HD 4670 and GTA 4 work in tandem.

once again thnks for the response

Okay look, just get a

Palit HD4670 512MB GDDR3 SUPER @ 4.8-5k

*End of Discussion*

coolboy28

ASUS EAH4870X2 Tri Fan card is wat i think that best graphic card i had ever seen till date.....it has dual gpu core with 1 gb memory each and it has 1600 stream proccessors....it's just insane.....this card come with three fansmounted on it with a big heat sink......this really keeps the card cool.......this card is totally insane

dextervardhan

Hello Guys... I need a good graphics card in the price range of 3.5-4k... Even if I get one for this price, will I be able to even think of playing games like Crysis, Far Cry 2, UT3 etc?.... Or is it just a Far Cry for me with this slim budget?... :( Please reply...

jeetu

Broken In
A 9500 Gt can handle Cyrsis, Far Cry 2 at lower resultion (1024 x 768) with low-mid settings. 1gb is wasted on 9500 gt go for cheaper 256 /512 mb. GTA 4 needs Quad core CPU for decent performance.

dextervardhan

So you're telling me to go for the 9500 GT 512 Mb? But will I be extending my budget? I'm not so well informed about the Graphic cards so I'm desperate for help... :( Anyway thanks for the reply...

dextervardhan

I hav a Pentium D 3.4 Ghz processor, so I think GTA 4 will work with min res. on that Graphics card..What do you say? ;)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@dextervardhan
GTA4 shud work at medium setings.
get a 9500GT DDR3 version, either 256 or 512[acc to budget]. Always remember, 256 DDR3 is better than 512 DDR2. It comes for 3~3.5k
If u have 4.2 grands, then 4670 512 ddr3 will be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom