Graphic card under 5k

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hey i wanna upgrade my graphic card. Presently i have nvidia geforce 8400gs but games like crysis 2 are not working. So i now wanna buy a new graphic card which can fulfill all my needs and doesn't becomes obsolete in atleast 2 years.
Plz help me decide fast
My budget is 5k

my pc specs are:

Windows 7 ultimate
core 2 duo @2.67ghz
nvidia geforce 8400gs
2 gb ram
250 gb hdd

saswat23

Human Spambot
Radeon 5670 DDR5 512MB -- 4.2k
Radeon 6670 DDR5 1GB -- 5.4k
Both have almost similar performance, but as the later one is latest with 1GB VRAM its definitely worth it.
So, go for 6670.

BTW mention which monitor and PSU-SMPS you have..??

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
PSU model/brand?

I dont know coz i have hcl ec2 and have not yet opened it due to warranty issues......

Radeon 5670 DDR5 512MB -- 4.2k
Radeon 6670 DDR5 1GB -- 5.4k
Both have almost similar performance, but as the later one is latest with 1GB VRAM its definitely worth it.
So, go for 6670.

BTW mention which monitor and PSU-SMPS you have..??

I don't know about psu but i have hcl ec2 21'' monitor.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get a 6670, it will cost you around 5.4k, performs somewhat better than 5670 and is a very good overclocker. As the GFX card won't need an additional power connector, you would be fine with your current SMPS.

Last edited:

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Considering your budget, Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1 gb gddr5 will be the ultimate choice. Around 5K

saswat23

Human Spambot
No, around this budget you cant really find a nVidia competitor. 5670/6670 is the ultimate choice in this budget.
Although your PSU may handle these cards but to be on the safer side:
If you can increase you budget then a FSP SAGAII 350W with 6670 at 7.4k will be the best option.
If you are really strict on budget, then go for Radeon 5670 with FSP SAGAII 350W at 4.2k + 1.4k -- 5.6k.
And moreover nvidia GPUs consume more power and run hotter than AMD.

Last edited:

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Hm i dnt know y but i favour nvidia.
What's say????

There is no other Nvidia Card for this budget matching the performance of HD 5670. All cards are slower than 5670.

If you spend this budget buying a Nvidia card, you WILL NOT get the performance of HD RADEON 5670.

And Yeah, it IS OVERCLOCKABLE.
Sapphire HD 5670 1GB Review » Page 6 - Testing: Setup & Overclocking - Overclockers Club

AND YOU CAN GO FOR XFX OR SAPPHIRE OPTION.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm but can 5670 be overclocked without harming it with my existing psu?

That's something you have to find for yourself.

There is no other Nvidia Card for this budget matching the performance of HD 5670. All cards are slower than 5670.

If you spend this budget buying a Nvidia card, you WILL NOT get the performance of HD RADEON 5670.

And Yeah, it IS OVERCLOCKABLE.
Sapphire HD 5670 1GB Review » Page 6 - Testing: Setup & Overclocking - Overclockers Club

AND YOU CAN GO FOR XFX OR SAPPHIRE OPTION.

5670 is OCable, but whether it can be OCed stably with the generic PSU, that is the question.

@utkarsh007: get the GPU first, when need arises OC, and then check whether the PSU is up to the mark or not.

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
That's something you have to find for yourself.

5670 is OCable, but whether it can be OCed stably with the generic PSU, that is the question.

@utkarsh007: get the GPU first, when need arises OC, and then check whether the PSU is up to the mark or not.

yup u r correct
first let me buy it and then check it out

Top Bottom