Graphic Card Suggestion?

anoop5445

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

The below is the configuration of my PC.

I5 2500K processor 3.3Ghz,
p8p67-m motherboard,
4gb corsair RAM 1333Mhz
500GB HDD,
LG DVD write,
Cooler master Elite 310 cabinet

CM 350W SMPS

+12V1 - 10A, +12V2 - 13A

My PSU has a 6Pin PCI-e connector too.

Currently I'll be playing at the resolution : 1024x768. Most probably I will also be changing my monitor to 21" or 22" monitor, so will be playing games at higher resolutions too.

I'll be going for mostly Sapphire HD 6670. I'm thinking for Sapphire HD 6750.
Can I use the same PSU for Sapphire HD 6750?

Well Sapphire or MSI, which one will be good or better.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
A 6670 should be fine unless the psu starts with the funny business. :p

Off topic:- Why do you have a k series processor with a 67 board? o_O

Cilus

laborare est orare
As ico suggested, whenever you are panning for an above average Gfx card, 1st thing is to concentrate on a good PSU. I think HD 6750 + FSP SAGA II 500W is the best VFM choice for you.
HIS 6750 @ 6K + FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K is very good choie.

The prices are from theitwares

OP
A

anoop5445

Thanks guys, I will not be overclocking it. Dont' want to change the PSU now.

Will be going mostly with HD 6670. (Sapphire or MSI).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD6670 though is a good card is not suitable for playing games at HD resolution on 22 inch monitor - you better get a powerful PSu like corsair CX-430v2 or CX500v2 around 3k along with a HD6850 around ~9.2k.

For HD6670 1GB GDDR5 a Sapphire HD6670 will cost you 4.9k ;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have a HD5670 & HD6670 is not much different. my suggestion is same as topgear. if you game at HD, try getting your hands on HD6770 at least & if Full HD, invest in HD6790 at least. my GPU struggles to run modern games at HD with everything max'd out.

but don't overlook the PSU to get a powerful GPU. it may cost you badly.

OP
A

anoop5445

Hey Guys, went ahead and bought the Sapphire HD 6750 today. I'm having some problem, video's are not playing smooth. Nor games working fine. I tried with smallest game "RoadRash". The graphics is coming weird. Currently I have Catalyst Version 11.2
Is there any setting I need to change in it. Help Guys

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey Guys, went ahead and bought the Sapphire HD 6750 today. I'm having some problem, video's are not playing smooth. Nor games working fine. I tried with smallest game "RoadRash". The graphics is coming weird. Currently I have Catalyst Version 11.2

can you explain what you meant by "not working fine" in the games? also download & install latest drivers.

BTW have you disabled onboard graphics in bios?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Install Catalyst 11.11.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The latest driver version is 11.12 AFAIK ;-)

@ OP - don't forget to install the latest DirectX runtime package and try the gfx card with some latest games like NFS Run, Crysis 2, AVP 2010 etc - do some justice to the gfx card and it's capabilities ;-)

BTW, what OS you are using ??

OP
A

anoop5445

I have checked it, cables are fine. Updated to Catalyst 11.12. I tried Counter strike 1.0 and it was nice going. I was getting 100 FPS at 1024x768 resolution. Still videos doesn't places smooth. Is there any other setting in Catalyst control center for videos, that I need to change.

I feel I should get another good PSU. Will be getting it in couple of days. Thanks Guys :mrgreen:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I can't understand why you are just running some years old games on this shiny new gpu ??? try some latest games that can really utilize the gpus full power like Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, CoD MW3, Metro 2033, BFBc2 etc. ;-)

Top Bottom