Graphic Card not detected in startup. but fan spinning fine>PL HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
my 7300GT graphic card working fine from past 2 years.. but suddenly it did not detected on system startup.. but the fan in the graphic card spinning fine as usual.. i have checked the graphic card with an another system and it works fine..so the problem probably on the motherboard /bios.. after spending two days on searching various forums, i re-flashed the bios twice and even downgraded the bios.. but no use.. the problem continues.. now im working in on board-graphic.. my new ATI HD4850 card sleeping in box..:-(
(motherboard- asus a8n-vm-csm..)
is pci-express slot dead..?
is the time to change my motherboard and 939 socket amd processor..??
anybody have an idea about my problem..?

y2j826

Journeyman
can be a slot problem, same happened to me with laptop and only after changing motherboard it worked fine

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
This is exactly the same problem that I'm researching on for a friend of mine. He has an Asus M2N-VM DVI motherboard & that won't pick up his 8600GT card. It works fine on onboard video. Also the card works perfectly on another system. So pretty sure it's a slot problem, if you can put another PCI-E card & then check if it does the same thing.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
9 out of 10 its a MB slot problem.
The other one would be, That your PSU( SMPS) which provides power to the graphic card is corrupted. Try using a spare SMPS..if you have.
However you can double check by using another Graphic card, try asking your friend or anyone who can help you...with a spare one to test.
Also see if there are any burned capacitors on the mb as the slot may be ok but the board is not able to power up the graphic card.

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
friends..finally the problem has a solution..
though it is under out of warranty, i took the motherboard to asus service center and they confirmed that the problem is in the communiction between pci-e slot and the chip under the heatsink (one behind the pci-e slot ) and it could be replaced @ rs.800+..
soon i will get my motherboard with new pci-ex slot and heatsink..
thanks for quick responses.. i will update after receving the motherboard from asus..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom