Graphic card for gta 4

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
hi
guys can u please suggest me a graphic card for running gta 4 ......my budget is around 5k....
i am having a 500w psu i bought it from cost to cost delhi
the seller said it is good.
its brand is gsm pro 500w.
written on the smps
please suggest that do i need to upgrade that to..??

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, you need to buy PSU too.. At what resolution do you want to play GTA 4 or say your highest resolution your monitor supports

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
FSP Saga II 500W #FSP Saga II 500 @Rs.2300
Asus EAH5450SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP) Graphic Card @Rs.2000

This just fits your budget. can run GTA IV well @low res and med graphics
Buy Asus Card | Asus Graphic Card | Asus 1GB DDR3 Graphic Card |

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
i am having samsung 22 inch full hd monitor...........
and i want to play gta 4 at mid level graphics now the high end
and my budget of 5k is only for gpu if i post a pic of my smps will u be able to judge it......bcoz it costed my rs900 and cost to cost is a well known computer shop in delhi ......it is known by its name so i believe they wont cheat on selling cheap quality products

Cilus

laborare est orare
Around 5K the best Gfx card is HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5. Get the MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 around 5.2/5.4K. It has a dual fan Cooler design and can be overclocked further for better performance. Since it has very low power consumption, I guess your current PSU can handle it. It is the most powerful card which does not require an external PCI-E power connector. Be careful, there are couple of GDDR3/DDR3 versions of this card are available at chepaer price. Don't get them.

Check the PSU for the current at the 12V rail. It should be written over the PSU.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Check the PSU for the current at the 12V rail. It should be written over the PSU.

these are the smps pics along with the inner cabby..
moerever will 6670 be future proof for gta 5 :wink:

*i43.tinypic.com/2h6htgi.jpg

*i39.tinypic.com/9axq11.jpg

*i39.tinypic.com/zjibds.jpg

*i42.tinypic.com/24c9ied.jpg

*i44.tinypic.com/1z4igt1.jpg

Cilus

laborare est orare
I guess then you can go with HD 6670. After doing little bit of Google I found out that Zippy/Emacs is the O.E.M. for GSM II PSUs and they are not bad. Some of their high end models are recommended for SLI of high end cards by Nvidia. SO you can go with HD 6670 or HD 6750.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
I guess then you can go with HD 6670. After doing little bit of Google I found out that Zippy/Emacs is the O.E.M. for GSM II PSUs and they are not bad. Some of their high end models are recommended for SLI of high end cards by Nvidia. SO you can go with HD 6670 or HD 6750.

Thnx .....ill stick...with my psu....will the gpu be future proof for gta 5

Morever which brand of gpu shud i go for

sent from my SGS 2

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Cilus already told. go for MSI HD6670 but avoid overclocking the card. you PSU may cost 900bucks but this is a lowend model & may use cheap circuit/component. so best is to run @ stock.

GTA5 will run on this card but as it is yet to be announced, nobody can say at what settings you'll be able to game. if its unoptimised & resource hungry like 4, then @ 720p resolution or lower.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
hi
the shopkeeper confused me he said
that there is no difference between 6670 and 5670 they both are alike in performance so i returned...
and i now want to get a clear idea about the comparison between 6670 and 5670....
because 5670 will save me a Rs.700
now what shud i do....
i m in the middle of my purchase

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:-?:-?:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Buy 6670. Don't listen to the shop-keeper. Most of the cases, shop-keepers means only business.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Let me explain a bit. The confusion has been created due to the re-branding of cards by AMD. For example HD 6770 and HD 6750 are just rebranded HD 5770 and HD 5750 respectively with 3D support through BIOS update.

But HD 6450, HD 6570, HD 6670 and HD 6790...all these cards are based on the BART architecture, same architecture used in HD 6870 and HD 6850. The BART based stream processors or SP offer better performance and Tessellation performance than the Evergreen based Stream processors present in HD 5000 series. That's why a HD6870 with 1120 SP performs better than a 1440 SP based HD 5850.

HD 6670 has 480 Stream processors based on BART architecture whereas HD 5670 has 400 stream processor based on Evergreen architecture. As a result HD 6670 easily beats HD 5670 and performs very close to HD 6750 (720 Evergreen SPs) and GTS 450 while consuming a lot less power.

So go n grab a HD 6670 GDDR5 version without paying attention to what Shopkeepers are saying.

aCe: dAvE

Broken In
cost to cost is a well known computer shop in delhi ......it is known by its name so i believe they wont cheat on selling cheap quality products
sigh. Do you even know what you are saying?? O_O
I suggest you do more research on their store.
the shopkeeper confused me
Which shop? C2C? If it is then avoid it. Get it from CE.
because 5670 will save me a Rs.700
What are the price at which the shop is giving?

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
thnx ill buy it on monday...hd 6670 along with gta 4.........if msi is not available what is the next best option

digitaltab

In the zone
sapphire 6670 is available in computer empire, a neighbor shop of cost to cost.
go and buy that, best deal for you.
but your psu is not trusted.
it may work, may be not.
but 1st step you do is go buy 6670 sapphire.
though msi is also good. and it is available in smc international, the shop in the same lane of cost to cost and computer empire, but prices in smc are high, so go to computer empire, cheapest and trusted.

Top Bottom