Graphic card for Dell vostro

Status
Not open for further replies.

spp_itim

Broken In
Dear All,
I recently bought a Dell vostro 1520 notebook.
T6670, 15.4 1200x800 display, 3 GB DDR2, 250GB 7200 SATA , Free DOS without graphic card. I have installed Windows XP SP3 on it.
Now I wish to add a graphic card to it. Can I do it myself? Suggest a cheaper graphic card compatible to it with make / model and price please.

:???:

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, you cannot add any graphics card to your laptop. Laptop graphics cards are mainly OEM products and they are heavily customized for the very specific laptop. So it is almost impossible to add a separate graphics card in a Laptop.

However there are some custom made Laptops available from Toshiba, HP. But they are highly priced and probably not available in India.

OP
S

spp_itim

Broken In
@Cilus
Thanks for reply.
It means I have no other option but to use the laptop as it is! In future I'll keep in mind this before buying a laptop.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sadly, Yes is the answer. But there are a lot of laptops which come with good graphics solution. Brand like Asus and MSI are the 1st to offer good gaming PC in reasonable price. Dell XPS series is also having some good gaming laptop, but they are highly priced.
Look for the brands like Acer, Asus, Zenith for laptops with graphics solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom