Graphic Card for AMD m/B

jeus

Right off the assembly line
Need help for buying graphic card for my AMD based system having following configuration.

CPU : AMD Phenom II X6, 1090T 3.2 GHz
Mother board : ASUS, M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 (AM3)
RAM : 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3
HDD : 1TB Seagate + 2 TB Western Digital
Monitor : ViewSonic 27", VX2739wm
PSU : Corsair, CX500 (500 watts)
Cabinet : Cooler Master STROM

I have budget around 12k.

Thanks

OP
J

jeus

Thanks,

what is the difference between GTX 560 & GTX 560 Ti?
R6870 Twin Frozr II comes with dual fan. Which one is good performance wise, MSI or Sapphire / radeon?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks,

what is the difference between GTX 560 & GTX 560 Ti?

both are based on same GF114 GPU chip - the only differences are in Shader unit count ( 336 for 560 and 384 for 560 Ti ) and GPU clock speed.

R6870 Twin Frozr II comes with dual fan. Which one is good performance wise, MSI or Sapphire / radeon?

brand wise both are good but a gfx card with dual fan usually runs cool hence offers more OC headroom.

dibya_kol

In the zone
pick any of this ..
Flipkart: Sparkle NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

or

Flipkart: HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6870 GPU 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

or

Flipkart: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

SunE

Professional Newbie
Dude you got a great system and a fantastic 1080p monitor. My suggestion is that please don't cheap out on the GPU.
Just extend your budget to around 15-16k and get the HD 7850. It's a lot better card than the HD 6870 and the GTX 560. Now I know that while you might think that it's easy for me to say to buy something more expensive and I don't understand what your financial situation might be, you need to understand one thing too : this GPU of yours is an investment for at least the next 3-4 years and while you might think that the present 12k cards can max out BF3 so why spend 15k, BF3 is now 5-6 months old and it's also not the only game you'll ever play. What about The new Medal of Honor, GTA V, Battlefield Bad Company 3?? All this will also be released with your current system in it's glory and then when you can't max out the newer games anymore, you'll regret having not spend a little extra and getting the latest stuff.

I say all this from personal experience and please don't take it the wrong way. 6870 and 560 are also great cards. Ultimately it's your choice : think about the present or plan for the future :)

dibya_kol

In the zone
^^ there is nothing, which is future proof. but ur suggestion is good though. @ OP, u can wait for another few months, kepler's mid range gpus are on the way .. :p

OP
J

jeus

Thnks for advice. I can stretch my budget, but HD 7850 is available in market? What about HD 6950? Which one is better?

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ I'm glad that you like my advice. HD 7850 is available on theitwares.com (HIS refrence model @ 15.3k). Though if you live in Kolkata you can get the better Sapphire dual fan version for 15.6k from MD Computers in Chandni.

@dibya_kol obviously there's nothing such as future-proof. We don't know our own future, computer ka kaha se pata hoga :p

EDIT:
Oh and 4got to mention that kepler mid-range is still on for Q3 I think and by that time we'll all be saying let the HD 8850 be released kepler prices will come down :p

Top Bottom