Graphic Card Around 6k

DamienINc

Right off the assembly line
Guys,i need to buy a good graphics card...
i want to play all the latest games with moderate settings....
what all option do i have???
plz Help me Out!!!!

OP
D

DamienINc

AMD athlon64 x2 4000+ 2.10Ghz, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 250w psu, Gigabyte M68M-S2P mobo........:|a modest spec...:|:|

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
If you want to play all the latest game at moderate settings then:-

1.) Get rid of that 2GB RAM or add more RAM to make it 4 GB atleast.

2.) Change that 250 watt psu if it is a local crap psu and get a better proper psu like corsair cx 430 v2 for 2.2k

3.) I guess adding ram and a psu will cut into your budget. So either increase your budget a bit and get a gts 450 or an hd 6770(recommended) at around 6k(approx).
Or get a gpu like the hd 5670 or 6670 which costs a bit less but also performs less than the 6770.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
^^ First things first, as said get rid of your 2 GB RAM, More importantly get 450 - 500W PSU.

HD 6670 is a nice option, can handle almost ever game at Medium / (high for some) games, but make sure that it is the DDR5 make and not DDR3.

HD 6670 1 GB DDR5 - Flipkart

You could get it for a lesser price in local market, if you search. I had bought it for 5.8k from SMC International.

Hope this helps...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Jripper donot think there is HD 6770 available anywhere for 6k. If there is please give a link.

@OP pick up Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

and a FSP Saga II 400w @1.9k. It will be sufficient for your PC :wink:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@thetechfreak. No no its not available for 6k exactly but i did see a 6770 for 6.5/6.k recently. I do not remember where though. Sorry mate. But the 6770 is only if OP can extend his budget. otherwise 6670 or 5670 is the way to go. But the DDR5 version. Not the DDR3 one.

@OP if you can get the fsp saga II 400w then get it. Only reason didn't suggest FSP is that all of a sudden FSP is not available easily anymore. Atleast here in kolkata. don't know about your place though. So if you find it,get it.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Jripper yes buddy. A week or two back I too found the 6770 inside the 6k in few websites. But now shocking enough I hardly found inside 6k. Donot know what happens to the pricing. And regarding that problem of lack of availability of FSP you are right. So would recommend OP to go for Corsair CX430v2.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
@Jripper donot think there is HD 6770 available anywhere for 6k. If there is please give a link.

@OP pick up Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

and a FSP Saga II 400w @1.9k. It will be sufficient for your PC :wink:

Dont buy ati 6670 from flipkart as it is costly . you can get one locally for 4.4k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@iittopper I was just recommending him the card with specs. Seems flipkart have decided overpricing everything now :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Get this if you are getting a HD6670 :
MSI R6670-MD1GD5 Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Graphic Card

if you are getting HD6770 look at this :
MSI R6770-MD1GD5

but you need to get a good PSu as well - look for Corsair VS450 @ 2.1k

OP
D

DamienINc

Thanks A Lot Guys For The Help...
6k is just For The Card.....
i do intend to buy a 400w+ PSU....
as it is must for the Graphic cards....
so that wont cut into the Graphic Card's Budget....
Thank You Guys Again....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks A Lot Guys For The Help...
6k is just For The Card.....
i do intend to buy a 400w+ PSU....
as it is must for the Graphic cards....
so that wont cut into the Graphic Card's Budget....
Thank You Guys Again....

get the HD6770 from SMC by paying 600 bucks more - it's absolutely worth the extra! and get a Corsair VS450 or CX430v2.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Agreed. If your psu budget is separate then pay just a little more and get a lot more in terms of performance. HD 6770 |m| and a vs430v2/vs450 as psu. And you are good to go.

Top Bottom