Grafix card needed under 6K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnab boss

In the zone
In my opinion go 4 hd 4670 and u can also look 4 9400 gt I don't think it will require a 6 pin connecter...so u can try that also...'

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
hi guys,

I checked and found that i have this PSU: iBall LPE223-400.

Thanks for your suggestions Arnab boss,surinder,Sorcerer,dOm1naTOr
are 4670 and 9600GT in the same league?
also how good performer is 4670 against 9400GT and 9600GT.

@surinder: i cant buy a PSU right now as i had upgraded some 5 months back.

surinder

Tech addict
Go further down n down towards Nvidia 7300GS for the sake of escaping to buy a good PSU and you will end up still in the risk. Because its not just GFX card who deserve clean power and one should not think that way if my ell cheapo PSU can give the watts what are required no need for upgrade.

Lets do some calculations a good 80 plus efficient PSU like CX 400 @3.2K in your case will eventually cost you lesser then a ell cheapo PSU @ 0.3K less then 50% efficient typically within two years if you use your system eight hours a day within three years if you use your system five hours a day within. Health and safety of components of the system plus extra wattage in bonus.

Last edited:
OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
Ok so how about i get a PSU right now.

I can spend max 3.5K on it.
pls suggest a suitable one under 3.5K (it should support 9600GT)

Last edited:

pavasedge

Your worst nightmare
If you r going with HD4670,u don't need new PSU.That i-ball PSU should do the job.Also HD4670 is almost as good as 9600GT and is very cheap too.With both 9600GT and HD4670 ,you will be able to max-out games on resolutions like 1440x900 with anti-analizing enabled in some games.

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
^^ Now thats cool!!!
Thanks for the info pavasedge.
I generally play at 1024x786 with all mid settings no AA

So now i am back to HD4670.
Also i read somewhere about 9600GT green edition that does not require 6 pin connector from the PSU.
Does anyone have any info about that card on this PSU.

Thanks

surinder

Tech addict
yes it will be a really wise decision you can have Corsair CX 400 @3.2K or so or Antec EA 430 @3.3K or so under your or best you can have VX 450 by a little stretch of 0.5K from your budget although you don't need that much power right now it can be helpful for future upgrades plus whole five years warranty instead of three years with above mentioned models.

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
@long discussion, but one statement is wrong about hybrid crossfire, you cannot do hybrid crossfire with 4xxx series ati gfx cards.

too all who said i-ball I say big no, I really hate i-ball products quality, go for a good PSU, they run longer and keep your stuffs also good,go for corsair PSUs mentioned by surinder Antec are not as good compared to corsair or coolermaster. You can also go for CM 500W which will cost you lesser than these as it is around 2.7-2.8K

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
just a suggestion, ur system dun require half the output of a Corsair VX 450.
an VX 450 can handle a quad along with a 9800GTX+ or a 4850.

though not much PSus in here comes close to the efficiency of the VX, but there are many gud ones too, even if not as efficient.
Zebronics Platinum 500 for 1.8k is a gud one. My frend is using an oced X2 with a 9800GTX with a couple of HDD w/o ny problem for around 2.5yrs now[earlier he had a 7800GTX] .
Even im using an oced X2 n an 8800GT with a Zebronics Pro 550[3k]...works like a charm.

if u goin for 4670, then get a 2k PSU, orelse if its 9600GT, get a gud one...
the green one jst doesnt need a 6 pin connector, consumes power close to the real one...but thru the PCI-E slot itself. Those power if drawn from the 20+4 pin's 4 pin to the mobo's PCIE buses..... nyway ull need a powerful PSU.

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
I think I'd rather get a good PSU and then get the 9600GT.
maybe I can strech my budget a bit and Get both at the same time... .or Jst get a good PSU and then 9600GT.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom