Grafix card needed under 6K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav_more

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I need a grafix card for my system so pls help me make a decision to choose one.

My NEW system:
Gigabyte MA78GM-S2HP motherboard,
AMD PHENOM X3 8650 processor
2*2gb ram.
Samsung syncmaster 2033sw monitor

I need it for casual gaming @ 1024*786 with atleast mid settings.

My budget is MAX 6K.
ATI or NVIDIA any will do.

I thought about 9600GT (may be its out of my budget)

dont have much idea about ATI pricing, but is any of these in my budget
HD 3850
HD 4580
HD 4650

Or pls suggets some other

THANKS!

Last edited:

surinder

Tech addict
Palit 9600GT 512MB DDR3 @5.4k (well under your budget)
Palit 4670GT 512MB DDR3 @5k (well under your budget)
Zotak 9800GT 512MB DDR3 @7K (Best VFM just a 1K stretch from your budget away)

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
thanks for the quick reply

Considering that I have 780G chipset will buying 4670GT give me any added advantages or should I stick to nvidia 9600GT.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:

Considering that I have 780G chipset will buying 4670GT give me any added advantages or should I stick to nvidia 9600GT.
Posted again:

Last edited:

surinder

Tech addict
Yes you can enable hybrid crossfire in that combination but I don't now how many game titles or other applications released up till now can take advantage of this feature.

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
hi,

How about the power issues , i have a zebronics LAVA cabinet with the default PSU.
will it be able to handle 9600GT or will ATI 4670 be more suitable?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Depends. If it blows, it blows. If that's the risk you are willing to take, that is your risk. There is a psu guide alongwith psu recommendations thread on this forum. Search it and see which power supplies suits your needs.

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
^^^ alrite dude , will check that out.

Thanks for your suggestions @ Sorcerer and surinder
Also checked out some reviews of both these cards, i am shifting more towards 9600GT.
Lets just hope i dont get stability issues due to the PSU.

THANKS!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ I am not questioning stability. If something goes wrong then your ram, hard drive, motherboard or/and graphic card can be short circuited which will void the warranty.

Arnab boss

In the zone
Hey man u need 2 change ur psu...somewhat around 500 to 600 watts..as 9600 gt needs a 6 pin connecter...

One of my frnd is using xfx 9600 gt @ 5.4k and he needed to change his psu and took zebronics platinum 600 w @ 2.8k...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ DAMN!!!!
alrite i will definitely have to check my PSU ratings.

Thanks again!.
You cant trust psu ratings that easily. Either they are calculated on load or by idle- at times even over exaggerated. Different company have different "philosophy" to label their power supply. So its always best if one buys the tried and tested things.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
4670 is much more power efficient. most local 450~500w PSu can handle it...but still its better to go for atleast a powersafe 500 for 1.4k or a similar one.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Ermm.....pretty wrong way to judge it that way. The way I see it- power supply isnt a fashion show so even people who put stuff like LED lights and all. But people do- that's why stuff like tagan which has LED fans on it and those LED rings on their modular design are selling in the first place. Zebby also has those fancy ones. The specs are truly misleading. Iball and zebbys dont have fixed OEM contracts. When a contract is over, they chuck that model out and start a new model with a new OEM. In zebby/iball/ power safe/ VIP's case, they have the same labelling but over the time time OEMs changed.
Now iBall and many zebbys (note: not all of them, they bagged HEC as their OEM for their new versions of pro) buy power supplies from china and rebadge them on their own. No hassle. These are are POS. Ask a question to yourself- graphic card worth 6k, processor worth 5k, mobo with another 5k, rams worth 2-4k, hard drives worth 2-3k, screens worth 7-10k rest- whatever. If you total it up, is it really hard to buy and afford a good power supply like (in this case) which will protect and give clean and efficient power supply which will give you piece of mind? High efficiency reduces heat and waste of power, you are getting god warranty period, the components good does the job well, how hard can it be to buy a unit for 3.5k? Once you buy the psu, not many will ever think about it- unless its a major upgrade. If something goes bad, so is your peace of mind. There are and have been people who said that my so and so psu is considered as "substandard" according to my standards but they live? You cant judge a power supply like that. That's not how things work and I am pretty a 12th pass guy can understand this.
Ofcourse if people are brave enough to put a good GC and stress it to see if it blows up- that's their wish.

Arnab boss

In the zone
@ the sorcerer

I didn't mean that those psu r good and superior....'

As 4670 doesn't require much power And a 6 pin connecter so he won't require a Corsair or tagan etc etc...'

And he will just play games and normal stuffs no ocing so a zebby or iball can handle the load it self...'

I just gave an cheap alternative as to save some bucks...!

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
If using a 9600GT requires a new PSU costing 3.2K more , i think i will have to postpone my buying.

Or I can get myself the ATI 4670 and keep the existing PSU.I am really confused!!!!.
Arnab boss has rightly said that i dont overclock or play games at his res.

i also remember recently changing my zebronics PSU with an iball one.
so I wont be able to buy a new one right away.i will definitely include a good PSU in my next upgrade,now that i have all this information.

i am really inclined towards 4670 right now.It seems to be the logical option for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom