GPU NEWS Channel

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^does it mean all existing psus that lack this connector will be rendered obsolete when this connector becomes mainstream for gpus?
On topic of the connector's proliferation, in addition to PSU manufacturers launching new generations of products with 12-pin connectors, most prominent manufacturers are expected to release aftermarket modular cables that can plug in to their existing PSUs. Graphics card vendors will include ketchup-and-mustard adapters that convert 2x 8-pin to 1x 12-pin; while most case/power manufacturers will release fancy aftermarket adapters with better aesthetics.

I definitely am looking to upgrade to 3080 when it launches, but getting rid of my current card is a pain. How much do you think it will sell for, it has 2.5 years warranty left ?

quicky008

Technomancer
it will be a pity if users are forced to change their psus(esp. those having high end ones) simply for a new type of pcie connector.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
it will be a pity if users are forced to change their psus(esp. those having high end ones) simply for a new type of pcie connector.
No man, I don't think companies are that retarded to break compatibility for nothing..

Except the blue retarded company, with whom apple broke up recently

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX 1080, from zotac
It's the GtX 1080 mini card to be exact, got it for 41k, do you think 25k is a good price for it now ?
You should easily get 24-25k for this card as per below link. In fact I suggest you to make an acc there as it helps, the older your acc is & give reference to your id here(try to make acc there with same id).
*techenclave.com/community/threads/inno3d-rtx-2070-twin-x2.192885/

quicky008

Technomancer
Was planning to buy an rtx card for a while-but they are still way too expensive :(

Not for avg gamers like me i guess-it would be great if nvidia could introduce new gpus during the Rtx 3xxx series launch with ray tracing functionality at the same price point as the current GTX series cards like 1660ti.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
*www.techpowerup.com/270667/possibl...etailed-rtx-3070-and-rtx-3060-after-september

The GeForce RTX 3070, or the SKU that succeeds the RTX 2070 Super, could launch a month later, in October 2020, according to the MyDrivers report. The higher-volume performance-segment part, the RTX 3060, or the SKU that succeeds the RTX 2060, could launch only by November, just in time for the Holiday shopping season.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/f6tsGpXe2auBaVZsrnfRG6-650-80.jpg*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/N7eak6ju5d7krwncMgnFvF-650-80.jpg

*www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-caught-on-camera

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
*www.techspot.com/news/86236-retailer-data-shows-amd-5000-series-has-almost.html

AMD Brands.PNG
AMD Cards.PNG
Nvidia Brands.PNG
Nvidia Cards.PNG

Worst cards:
Worst cards.PNG

Best cards:
Best cards 1.PNG
Best cards 2.PNG

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
They don't stock Asus I guess. The original list

Also KFA2 = Galax if anyone doesn't know. KFA2 is the European division name. Previously known as Galaxy.

Top Bottom