Not open for further replies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
where's skud?
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 - 1GB-Shipping Free
:-D

batman yeah!

just hoping to get it earlier. as soon as possible. cant wait to GAME!! and oc hawk to 1000mhz :-D

BTW which game to try first on gpu? :-D

Nice Jas. Let it go down further and faster. ;) Would love to see it below 10k in another 6 months. :D

But sincerely it was expected. 2gb and 1gb versions must have a gap of at least 2k to justify the existence of the 1gb cards. And mostly, 6950 1gb is a bit faster at 19x12 or 19x10 res compared to the 2gb ones. So in a single monitor setup the 1gb version is enough for some time to come.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
1gb CFX won't be much of a problem with my monitor. Actually they perform a bit better than 2gb cards at 19x10 and 19x12 res. Anyway, I am still 7-8 months away from the upgrade. And before everything, let BD get off the block. ;)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes in 1920x1080 its almost same as a 2gb cfx. So you can add a 2nd card and crossfire them.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
1gb CFX won't be much of a problem with my monitor. Actually they perform a bit better than 2gb cards at 19x10 and 19x12 res. Anyway, I am still 7-8 months away from the upgrade. And before everything, let BD get off the block. ;)

7-8 months, ha!

By then there will be a new kid in the block (HD7k, comes!)

Piyush

Lanaya
BTW which game to try first on gpu? :-D
If you want the best combination of EYE candy and gameplay+story, then please do play these first:

-->METRO 2033, CRYSIS 2 , S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Call Of Pripyat
-->DIRT 2,3
-->WITCHER 2, DRAGON AGE ORIGINS, DRAGON AGE 2

anyways here is my full recommendation list

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1416564-post3.html

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
7-8 months, ha!

By then there will be a new kid in the block (HD7k, comes!)

And that would be the perfect time to go CFX. With no new API support in the horizon for some time to come, I am not going to lose much. :)

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
If you want the best combination of EYE candy and gameplay+story, then please do play these first:

-->METRO 2033, CRYSIS 2 , S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Call Of Pripyat
-->DIRT 2,3
-->WITCHER 2, DRAGON AGE ORIGINS, DRAGON AGE 2

anyways here is my full recommendation list

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1416564-post3.html

thanks baba. but if you can please confirm with smc when they will get msi stock.

tkin

Back to school!!
And that would be the perfect time to go CFX. With no new API support in the horizon for some time to come, I am not going to lose much. :)
You gonna mix crossfire? well afaik that's not supported with HD5xxx and higher, so you have to purchase everything from scratch.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You gonna mix crossfire? well afaik that's not supported with HD5xxx and higher, so you have to purchase everything from scratch.

Ah, you get me wrong. I was talking about going CFX with my current card, as generally after the release of next gen cards, prices of the older ones, particularly the mid-range ones, come down. So... ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have posted this link, na?

Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 - 1GB-Shipping Free

;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me, very good. Except in case of that GFX,for which they took some time for back-ordering and all, rest are delivered blazing fast. Actually its the courier company (DTDC) which took more time to deliver, but Lynx's processing was very fast.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
guys smc still no stock. called them now :-(
what to do?

Jas, if they don't have 560-ti hawk and you can't wait, then go for the sapphire 6950 1gb.

Its a very fast card and is more powerful than a stock gtx 560-ti. Only the sapphire version runs a bit hot but is acceptable.

Don't overclock too much and you are good to go. Its pretty powerful at stock as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom