got the CD of UBUNTU 7.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
ok i will try it today and after that i will give u response of that
BUT FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE PROVIDED SUFFICIENT INFORMATION ABOUT UBUNTU AND UNDERSTOOD ALL MY STUPID QUESTIONS WITH CALM MIND .

AND FROM NOW I AM GOING OUTSIDE FOR PLAYING CRICKET SO WILL POST HERE AT TONIGHT

THANK ALL OF YOU

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Pidgin/Kopete if you are using Gnome/KDE respectively.

If you want one with voice-chat abilities for gnome, try GYachI.

Is GYachI stable yet?
I need a Client which supports voice over Yahoo & Jabber(Gtalk) protocols but its should be stable

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
man now its boring :D ok I just said I'm primarily a windows user :p

but as for your query some games work in linux with WINE ;)

_

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
For games better stick to windows, There are a few ways to run executable files under linux(hint:wine) but there performance is generally poor than in windows.

As EXE files are writeen only for windows, hence there is a performance drop in linux when you run non-native apps.

F

FilledVoid

how can i install games in linux i dont know but i know that linux does not support .EXE files.
Check out Wine, Cedega and crossover Office. Theres quite a few Windows applications that can be run in Linux using these products.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
what type of file is it?
is its a bin file then.
Open terminal & excute it like
Code:
 $./filename.bin
replace file name with actual file

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Is GYachI stable yet?
I need a Client which supports voice over Yahoo & Jabber(Gtalk) protocols but its should be stable

I dont think GYachI is completely stable, but then again I didnt use it for a long time now.

And as for voice chat in Google Talk, you can try Empathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom