Google's Android OS early look SDK now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/11/android-phone-1.jpg​

Just like the good folks promised, the early look software development kit for Google's soon-to-be huge phone OS has hit the streets... er, internet. Pedal your steam-engine over to the Open Handset Alliance site where you can download the SDK for a variety of platforms. Here's what we know the software will support right now:
  • Touchscreen
  • 3G
  • Webkit-based browser
  • Threaded text messaging
  • MPEG-4, h.264, MP3, and AAC file formats
  • 3D graphics
From what we can tell, the OS is as comfortable on larger, VGA devices as it is on more traditional smartphone layouts. Oh yeah... and it plays Quake. Below you can see an alternate fullscreen version of the phone (a hardware reference model, not a device you can expect to buy anytime soon) up and running its browser app. Check the videos after the break to see more info than you can shake a stick at on the new platform.

Source:

Engadget

Google

Looks very impressive and promising. :)

Dont be fooled by the above image... check out the videos :D

_

Last edited:
OP
DigitalDude

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^

like IMs...

or another example is gmail conversations... like if you reply/get reply to an email it continues in the same email itself...

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
$10m dollars for anyone developing the best apps? That's awesome!! I guess companies like Apple and Microsoft can take a page from this book.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Cyrus_the_virus said:
$10m dollars for anyone developing the best apps? That's awesome!! I guess companies like Apple and Microsoft can take a page from this book.
No, it will be divided among the developers. Read this page carefully - *code.google.com/android/adc.html

I have been playing around a bit with it and it's fun. And the nice thing is that they've only given out a half working emulator so far. That's really nice for beginners like me to explore a bit.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
mehulved said:
No, it will be divided among the developers. Read this page carefully - *code.google.com/android/adc.html

I fully understand that it will be divided, what i meant was that a company is willing to shell out that kind of money on say 'sofware freelancers', that's what I meant. Imagine Microsoft trying to pay freelancers willing to develop for them :rolleyes: (I'm not talking about the freebies you get, real money!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom