Google Unveils iPhone 'Killer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
NEW YORK — Will the Google phone have you hanging up your iPhone?

Google unveiled the software for its much-anticipated new phone last week, and it's loaded with fun features, including an unlocking tool that allows users to create a secret shape that must be drawn on the screen.

The phone will, naturally, feature the Google Web browser, Google Mail and Google Maps. The Street View feature, similar to what you can get on your desktop with Google Maps, will turn in The same direction as the person holding the phone.

The phone will also include a compass, magnifying tool and a version of the game Pac-Man. Its touch-screen technology will be similar to that of an Apple iPhone, but it will also be able to work with a tracking ball.

Google is not making the phones, just working to develop the Android operating system that manufacturers will install. Companies such as Samsung and Motorola have said they will make phones that run on Android.

Source:
Code:
[URL="*www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,361275,00.html"]*www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,361275,00.html[/URL]

----

Hmm...

i Think Google phone gonna rule the mobile internet....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys, please stop this iphone killer things. For gods sake, iphone has 0.16% market share.

YOu know what real iphone killers are. It's Nokia 6233, SE K790i ...

Guys, please stop this iphone killer things. For gods sake, iphone has 0.16% market share.

YOu know what real iphone killers are. It's Nokia 6233, SE K790i ...
+1

But iPhone is the most over hyped phone, and ANDROID is set to beat that. It has community support, plus it has the backing of Google. So its set to cause a huuuuuuge bang indeed when it comes, and we can only wait for it to become stable and be released to OEMs.

Pat

Beyond Smart
+1

But iPhone is the most over hyped phone, and ANDROID is set to beat that. It has community support, plus it has the backing of Google. So its set to cause a huuuuuuge bang indeed when it comes, and we can only wait for it to become stable and be released to OEMs.

iphone does not have community support ? :confused: Isnt Apple a reputed brand ? :confused:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hehe. they aren't open but they have a better and bigger base. Atleast they provide SDK to develop application.

If I stick to Open source, I will not be able to even buy a phone coz none of the phone manufacturers are providing source code of their phones OS (may be few chinese provides this).

:)

Pat

Beyond Smart
getjar.com
mobile9.net

Compare the above with iphone app download sites. You will know the difference.

Wow..Thats a cool comparison..iphone vs all other platforms :rolleyes:
Ok I agree the software library for symbian or wm is bigger than iphones, but how long has iphone been there ?
Also even more importantly the discussion was about a community that hacks the OS/phone to the core and makes community apps available, which is true also in case of iphones, hence your comment in invalid!

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^^ Besides, I think that desiibond and Gautam are missing the point that when people talk about iphone killers, they are not alluding to the iphone's features/specs (which may not be that great compared to other phones in its price range) but to its UI and ease of use...

Arun

x3060

A LOTR fan
lets just hope the best for google , cause whatever they touch turns to good...i am confident about this one...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^ Besides, I think that desiibond and Gautam are missing the point that when people talk about iphone killers, they are not alluding to the iphone's features/specs (which may not be that great compared to other phones in its price range) but to its UI and ease of use...

Arun

dude. The one who rules the market is the one who has the market share and not the one who has the coolest UI. A phone becomes a hit not just by look but by being a VFM phone. So, you don't need to have a 30k phone to kill another 30k phone. All you need is something that does everything and costs nothing, like N73, K810, 6233, E61i, P1i. These are the phones that are setting benchmarks and not the phones that have cool UI and nothing else.

It doesn't matter when a phone is out. You don't term it as market leader because of the thought that it may have huge app support in the future. Corporates live in reality and fanboys live in dreams. :)

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
With some good innovation in mobile internet...lets hope google brings something good.....google rules the net...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom