Google under LAW scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Google has been served Notices from the lawyers of reputed film makers and producers viz, yashrajfilms and others for representing films/movies from this producers on there new Google Video Service for FREE.

On reply to such a notice server in the NY , Google said that the contents are being motitored for piracy and copyright and google does do its best to remove such contents from its websites.

However, bollywood film makers has already made there mood to sue Google for allowing people to upload such materials which is termed as Piracy of films , in the first place. Google may be a big company but copyright laws in the US does not permit anyone to upload material of piracy nature according the Millinium Act.

Source : CNBC TV 18. 15.01.2006 News Broadcast.

vishuboy

Right off the assembly line
Oh thats a bad news

Think there should be close monitor on the files which are uploading on google video server

Google is being sued more ofte these days

godsownman

Padawan
This is sad . I hope they are not sued. Its actually not their fault .

BTW why dont these YRF etc go and target all the other sites from where these things can be downloaded.Its simple if you target the big , you get big money. If they targetted the others they are not going to get any monetory gain. For this simple reason they target big companies like GOOGLE.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
godsownman said:
This is sad . I hope they are not sued. Its actually not their fault .

BTW why dont these YRF etc go and target all the other sites from where these things can be downloaded.Its simple if you target the big , you get big money. If they targetted the others they are not going to get any monetory gain. For this simple reason they target big companies like GOOGLE.

No, P2P are also illegal (most of them are illegal) and they are also being targeted this time. US government / judicial system has already formed a Committee to put there report of all P2P websites and there activities to the bench.

So, they are already looking at possibilities to crub down this websites. As they themself fear that this isn't a small task given the volume of websites on the Internet.

Source : CNBC TV18 (same news broadcast)

godsownman

Padawan
Yes they do target them I am aware of that, but they are definately not going to target them they way they will target Google, for obvious reasons.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
godsownman said:
Yes they do target them I am aware of that, but they are definately not going to target them they way they will target Google, for obvious reasons.

However, I agree with you on this. I don't know but you see even Microsoft is planning to enter into the Live Video through its websites.

I think Microsoft will seat for a while and watch the GOOGLE episode first with crossed legs and then they may also enter into the Live Video.

As we know, Microsoft is against piracy and we can hope Microsoft will come out with some good solution to its Live Video which will have no pirated videos but all originals !

HD-TV has already entered the international market, we will also see it by the end of this year in India, with Samsung and Toshiba making announcements already, Microsoft's new OS will also support this feature with broadband and all. So, Live Video is going to stay.! :wink:

GOOGLE may be bangalored! However! Thanks to technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom