Google SMS Channels: Send SMS Text Messages to your Group for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Getting each update for Labnol/Techblog twice, but haven't received even one for other channels that I subscribed(News from Delhi, daily quotes etc)

red_devil

Back!
Okk...i've subscribed to a few more channels...

wisdom quotes,
poor joke of the day
EPLScoreUpdate
Simply F1

and

K2SMSBANK <---> this thing has been flooding with msgs...so those of you who want to chk out if everything is working well should subscribe to it...i've got approx 10 msgs since yesterday

red_devil

Back!
^^ change the limit :D {if it doesn't disturb u } and once you're sure you are getting updates as and when they are posted, un-subscribe from the channel.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^What disturbs me is getting the exact copy of the message I have already received 5-6minutes ago.
The service seems to be in testing phase at present, and is not working absolutely fine.

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
I subscribed to this service and man do they keep sending messages,..........it keeps coming........people i am going to lose half my battery on the SMS alert tone. lol.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^You were getting bugged, I am disappointed as I am not getting any update from some subscribed channels.

mastermunj

In the zone
they sure would be facing problems with keeping the cost of sms sending low and more over, to have a parallel mechanism for sending so many sms.. Might be they are trying different sms protocols.

But whatever it is, Google Rocks!!!

mavihs

Techie By Heart
i'll try it out in d morning when i get-up!!!

thinking 2 make a group for Delhi Tech meets which will be about all d upcaoming meets in delhi!!!

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
So far I'm only getting messages from joke of the day and google tech news. And yesterday, google tech news sent me some non- tech news :razz:
This is crazy.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
^^ Yes, you got it right.

Moreover, the smsgupshup site is buggy. Why don't these smsgupshup people keep the site design simple like Google?

Anyway, forget it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom