Google SMS Channels: Send SMS Text Messages to your Group for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Google India has just introduced a new product called Google SMS Channels that lets you subscribe to news alerts, blog updates and other kinds of information like horoscopes, jokes, stocks or even cricket scores via SMS text messages.

If you are based in India and like to subscribe to this site on your mobile phone via SMS, please join the Digital Inspiration SMS channel on Google. Thanks Amit Somani.

Google SMS Channels, which seems to have lot in common with SMS Gupshup, is free both for content publishers as well as mobile phone users who subscribe to text updates via SMS.

Families or friends can create private SMS groups on Google SMS channels and stay in touch via SMS without paying any fees to their mobile carrier. ................................

*www.labnol.org/internet/google-sms-subscribe-rss-via-sms/4726/

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
We use www.smsgupshup.com for teh same purpose. All students of out batch are subscribed to the group. All updates regarding exams, postings, journal submissions, time table are sent to all via SMS for free :)

red_devil

Back!
sounds nice...will set up an account there...

EDIT :

err...if you can create channels, how about creating a DIGIT channel and all of us subscribing to it ??

<similar to what Rohan Shenoy said wrt smsgupshup>

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^sounds like a good idea but i doubt if one would like to be bugged every other minute. To make it worse, there are so many off-topic replies.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Has anyone started using this service? I have, but having some trouble. Each alert/update sms is being sent to me twice.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I got my verification code instantly within a few seconds of clicking on the link. I've no problems though.

red_devil

Back!
guys who've already subscribed to the service...please share the channels you've subscribed to ...

heres my list :-

TheHinduBreakingNews

GoogleNewsBangalore

will add to these later :D

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I've received my first SMS. I've confirmed, I've no problems. I'm subscribed to-

Google Technology News
Poor Joke of the day
Wisdom Quotes
I don't remember the exact name of this channel but it's football news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom