Google play launches Books in India

amjath

Human Spambot
First Turn by Turn Navigation now this Google Books is here. Check it out people

*play.google.com/store/books?feature=corpus_selector

Next up Google Music Yayyyy

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Movies, Music and Nexus device [Play Store to sell Nexus] left to launch in India

Woah! I need google movies then i guess i can get the free movie that comes with nexus 10 :D

woah free movies what movies comes with Nexus 10 bro

guru_urug

iGoogle
Google Devices is what I look forward to the most. Hopefully by the time the Motorola X phone will launch they will have it on the Play store in India :-D

BTW Flipkart is gonna have serious competition in the ebooks market now. Who will people prefer FK or Google? Google has the advantage since its a trusted name,has more resources and any person who owns an android handset can directly buy from the Google Play Books app now.

More competition=better for consumer

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
I dont think motorola's x phone ll come to India cause they closed their sale in India :(

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah can't find some books in there, but didn't expect them, they are not even on kindle
everyone has the same boring stuff in the freeb section, gutenberg or archive have better pickings, even google book search with a full free download filter is better than the free ebooks section
plus its getting a little confusing, theres google books and google play books

need google music first, it backs up all your music in the cloud and streams them anywhere

nikufellow

In the zone
Talk about business strategies all this time they were ignoring us (okay fan boys spare me from quarrel) and le apple launched iTunes and other stuff leaving out just ibookstote and see how fast Google jumped in to fill the gap.

tkin

Back to school!!
If I can't get DRM free ePubs, forget google or even fk books, I use coolreader and epubs only, PDFs are not suited for reading on mobile devices(text reflow :yuck: ) and I don't think coolreader supports drm on epubs.

Vignesh B

Youngling
People asking for Google music, it's already there for India :-S
I can't see!
Google music.jpg

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Books @ Google Play is really overpriced. Bookadda / Flipkart is cheaper.

Though I bought "I Too Had A Love Story"..!! Rating was good, costed Rs. 66/-

I don't think we can download it as E-Book. Only option is to read online.

And I really think I have wasted Rs 66/-. I don't think this would even work. Because if one can't download it as PDF, it's surely not going to work in India.

tkin

Back to school!!
Books @ Google Play is really overpriced. Bookadda / Flipkart is cheaper.

Though I bought "I Too Had A Love Story"..!! Rating was good, costed Rs. 66/-

I don't think we can download it as E-Book. Only option is to read online.

And I really think I have wasted Rs 66/-. I don't think this would even work. Because if one can't download it as PDF, it's surely not going to work in India.
:facepalm:

Go back google, we need offline files and we need epub, period.

Top Bottom