Google play books location

bubusam13

Human
Hi Guys I have purchased a ebook first time in my life from google play books " The Monk who sold his Ferrari" in my Grand 2

I enabled offline reading for that book. Now where is that ebook file located in my phone. I have searched the /data/com.android.google.books/ directory as suggested in many other forums but its empty.
Can someone tell me where is it located ?

Nemesis99

Banned
Come on google isn't dumb! If you want copy of ebook for reading on other device go to play.google.com find your book. There should be option for downloading PDF or ePub.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
All books are not so. This one is DRM protected. I think the free ones can be easily downloaded that way. The ones you buy can't be. Why ? Thats not piracy

ankush28

Bazinga
Google doesn't store the actual epub file on device, you've to download it from pc or phone's browser.
If you've bought it, then how it can be piracy?
*www.ebook-converter.com/148-how-download-google-play-ebook.htm

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Yes I read it and downloaded using PC but it stores in a drm format *.acsm
In device there is a option to make it readable offline. If offline, there must be something it saves.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I want to get that file is because I want to read it in the Samsung Ebook app with gives a much better reading experience, and feels like a real book.

ankush28

Bazinga
It saves data for offline use - YES
It saves Epub -NO

Google play books saves text files and image in /data/com..... And you cant access /data or /data/data without root privileges.
Follow link in my previous post. You can easily convert it to drm-free

Top Bottom