Google Nexus 4 Thread

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Check validity & balance of ur Airtel SIM :p
Check ur SIM with other phone too

it has balance :D i can type a ussd code and it works.
i restarted the phone, could make a call. now again no calls. :mad:

update - after restarting there is e in front of grey bars, i cant receive data though, internet not working again

Hmm.... but 1.5k is a lot of money for me, now, can't afford that much now ...... my budget is max 0.5k , so I'll get some case for now & buy that one after 2-3months

Buying this one for now
ncase PFBC-8103BK Back Cover for LG E960 Nexus 4 (BLACK)

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
2. I had an issue with my Nexus 4 on day #4. I was not able to record video, the button didnt respond. Restart fixed it - but after few hours the same issue. And the Camera app stopped working on day 5.

1. I took it to the service center(I have never been to any service center before) - they rep was very friendly and he said it seems to be a sw pbm, he reinstalled the OS. Took about an hour, NO ISSUES till now.

In my friend's Nex sometimes the bluetooth can't be switched on how hard u slide, it will go to off button- once u restart the phone - the bluetooth will be ON. Just look out for them - these are random pbm - u wnt find it at first. Most probably u wont have any issues at all. :)

2 days ago I also faced same issue of the video call button not responding. rebooted & issue solved, till not the issue not reoccurred. asked on xda they said it's issue of 4.2.2 !!
I also faced issue like gallery shows only gray tiles instead of thumbnails & if u open it a big dark gray tile.. wtf
same happen in photo mode & it gives errors cam app stop working, if forced to open cam app for 3-4 times through errors like "cant connect to camera"
lets see if it reoccurs again will reset the device [ any way I have to reset it o unlock te bootloader.]

ya it was sealed. shall i contact flipkart or leave it, can use a pin. what say?
yup the sim ejection tool in included in the box. contact FK & Fcuk them.

pics - :D
nexus 4 - Imgur

Here are my N4's pics. ;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/174404-my-nexus-4-unboxing.html

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Ordered Nexus4 black 16GB and it'll be delivered today. Have ordered GadgetShieldz Maximum protection guard for the front, back and sides.

Any other accessory required to keep this phone in good condition?

I'm currently using Airtel normal sized SIM. Will Airtel provide a new micro SIM for this phone, or will they use the SIM cutter to cut it into micro SIM size?
I saw a thread in XDA where a guy faced heating issues in Nexus 4 due to cutting the SIM using SIM cutter, although theoratically it is stupid thinking.

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Ordered Nexus4 black 16GB and it'll be delivered today. Have ordered GadgetShieldz Maximum protection guard for the front, back and sides.

Any other accessory required to keep this phone in good condition?

I'm currently using Airtel normal sized SIM. Will Airtel provide a new micro SIM for this phone, or will they use the SIM cutter to cut it into micro SIM size?
I saw a thread in XDA where a guy faced heating issues in Nexus 4 due to cutting the SIM using SIM cutter, although theoratically it is stupid thinking.

Airtel will provide u a MICRO SIM. For me the LG Store Guys had SIM Cutter, they did the JOB :)

2 days ago I also faced same issue of the video call button not responding. rebooted & issue solved, till not the issue not reoccurred. asked on xda they said it's issue of 4.2.2 !!
I also faced issue like gallery shows only gray tiles instead of thumbnails & if u open it a big dark gray tile.. wtf
same happen in photo mode & it gives errors cam app stop working, if forced to open cam app for 3-4 times through errors like "cant connect to camera"
lets see if it reoccurs again will reset the device [ any way I have to reset it o unlock te bootloader.]

Even I did a reset, no luck in my case. Then oly I made a visit to the Service Center.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Airtel will provide u a MICRO SIM. For me the LG Store Guys had SIM Cutter, they did the JOB :)

So will the normal Sirtel SIM stop working after they activate the new micro SIM? Any idea how long it might take for the activation?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
So will the normal Sirtel SIM stop working after they activate the new micro SIM? Any idea how long it might take for the activation?

just get ur current sim cut by a cutter that will also work very fine.
I have used my 3 years old docomo sim in gs3 & later in N4, now ported to idea & idea showroom guy give me new idea sim which was normal size so he cut it using cutter & now m using that.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^ just saw this on gsmarena - cool boot animation & wallpaper. [ not tried boot animation as my phone is not rooted yet]

Top Bottom