Google Launches Search By Image & Voice.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
At the Inside Search event being held at San Francisco, Google has announced a new addition to its search features - Search by Image. The Search by Image feature is something like Google’s image search application for mobile devices – Google Goggles.

Those who have used service like TinEye will be familiar with what Search by Image does. Although technically similar to what TinEye does, Google has taken it much further.

Google Voice Search is also exactly what it sounds like – you can speak your search queries instead of typing them. This feature has been available on Android phones and now Google is bringing it to the desktop as well.

Suppose you have an image you want to search about. There are three ways for you to use Search by Image to search for the image:

You can upload the image.
You can also drag and drop the image into the search box.
If the image is online, you can paste the URL of the image into the search box.
You can also use extensions for Chrome and Firefox that Google will release.

After the image has been analyzed by the servers at Google, Google will attempt to identify the image and bring up search results related to it. The technology used for Search by Image is similar to that used by Google Goggles for smartphones.

The service is not live yet and Google will roll out the feature in the coming few days. You will know that Search by Image has been activated for you when you see a camera icon at the right of the search box.

Search by image
Search Google with an image instead of text
Google Images

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Tested it by uploading some pictures from my personal collection, and it works like hell. :D

Awesome feature. :hyper:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah.... Image search is Pretty AWESOME!!! :shock:
Although yet to try Voice Search!

mrintech

Technomancer
I created a Screencast on NEW Google Search by Image too: :D :p

[YOUTUBE]bRcY8kQiQF0[/YOUTUBE]

YouTube - [DEMO] NEW Google Search by an Image :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow... Nice screencast!
A Tip: Next time use Fade-In and Fade-Out for Audio. Just seems professional.

Btw, Subscribed! ;)

arescool

Work is So Boring...
Just tried image search ... n it was bang on !!!!!!!

and about audio search have tried it on my android phn and faced some problems there :-(

sygeek

Technomancer
Nice, Google's fading the bridge of communications between Humans and Machines.

My favorite feature is the reverse image search.

abhidev

Human Spambot
but why would anyone want to search the image when they already have it.....unless if you want that image in a different resolution.....

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya Its the feature I always wanted.

But try to upload your own photo, google turns you down on this ! :sad:

why I did this ? right ?

Well when you type your FACEBOOK username in the normal google search, it throws you link to your facebook account right !

Now if you upload your same FACEBOOK account PHOTO, it should again link you to your facebook account right ! But it sadly doesn't happen that way! :sad:

And this is the reason I wanted this feature in the first place!! right guys!!! :-D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ And this is the perfect reason, why Google, even if it have the capability, might not have implemented it.
As far as I remember, Google's CEO Eric Schmidt had recently claimed, that even they have the technology, they would never implement face-recognition. (Not atleast for general public).

Tech&ME

Banned
^^ NAA!!

Google does display similar photos/ person photos / linking to some other account.

The only glitch here is, Google Image Search is LEARNING.... So, future is still bright for face recognition.

There are many useful use of this technology (face recognition search), if you seriously think about it.

Usefulness:

1. Say if you can register your kids face on GOOGLE.

2. then say, when every your kids goes for search in google, GOOGLE in turn check your kids face with their database and thus, no P0*n for him!! (filter content)

3. Say, suppose you want to get contact of some person, and you only have his/her photo. then GOOGLE can give his profile details to you with the relevant contact no.

4. and many other instances of this beauty technology (face recognition search).........

Ohh! yes privacy is an issue i do missed out! Don't know what federal law America has on this!!!

Top Bottom