Google has changed - SEO will no more be the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol48

Searching...
If you are wondering the sudden drop in your page rank or just total elimination then please read on. Google is changing the way it displays search results and indexes them. The Page Rank concept is now out of date and new thing called as "Personalized Search' is going to be the next big thing.This means that Google will display results based on the personal searching habits of the individual. e.g. if you search for a term 'java' some people might want to know about the 'java programming' while others the 'java coffee beans'. So now based on your past search queries and your selection, Google will display the resultsfor your term 'java'. This means I might get entirely different results than you for same keyword!

Read full story at my blog here: *www.amol-patil.com/tech-news/6-tec...has-changed-seo-will-no-more-be-the-same.html

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
Concept is not good from my point of view...:(

Well if you ask me from a webmaster's view it's really bad. :( But from a searcher's view it's good but still not great.

take e.g. I will be given search results which are based on MY past searches. In that way I would never get exposed to different things!

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
Strange
why google is doing so :(

I think to keep scammers away who just increase their page rank by link building and other such stuff. Just imagine if you wanted to look for some information on "latest computers" and have to visit 10-odd sites first filled with various ADs, surveys and what not and have nothing to do with computers!

But I am really worried about the effects it might have on webmasters and even the users in general!

unni

In the zone
If you are not logged in, you will get the normal search results. So, I think it should not be that much of a problem.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
Page rank is still not an outdated concept.
Your search is personalized only if you login using a Google Account.
If google detects that the cookies of an active Google account are not there the page rank concept will work for you.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
This happened some time ago. Page ranks across a lot of sites fell by a point or must've been more in some cases.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
Thats because of the change in algorithm that Google uses to decide page-rank as they keep on tweaking it. nothing special. the normal routine for their engineers.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Anybody who who says that PageRank is outdated is effectively saying that backlinks dont matter. Thats gross mistake!

Besides,
Which means time on site, pages viewed and bounce rate are very important now.
How is google going to gather this information? The only way it seems possible to me is if you use Google Analytics.

Back links: Back links to crap sites or scrapers will hurt you now. Google will look at what you are linking to and if they are crap, you lose value. (they did this to kill scraper sites)
This is so difficult in practice.

And please find the link for me,
Here is a summary of the recently held conference of Google in November 2008. (You can get a copy of this. Just search on Google :p)

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
And please find the link for me,

Sorry I am unable to find 'that' link based on which I had posted this info, but here's one link that I had referred to along with that original article.

*www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/11/17/seo-about-to-get-turned-on-its-ear

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
SEO = Bull $hit.

I hope Google now has AI so that it can decide and determine the quality of the content in the website and assign ranks. Even if the webpage is terribly designed.
Keywords, MetaTags, Topic naming etc is all easy for newb users to. No need for a PhD in SEO for such basic things.

I don't want to see a hopeless website with good back links but poor content at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom