Google Desktop Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cache of Google Desktop Search has several files—two of them are very large (1 GB and 900 MB).

Whenever I defragment (windows XP) my Hard Disk at the end a message explains that these two files "could not be defragmented". Will this slow down my computer? Should I manually delete these large files?

Andyiz

Journeyman

Tell me which Defragmentor u use?
IF u use Windows defragmentor then Just take a look at Graph that follows soon after the defragment process is over.
If u find the VIOLET colour (Contiguous) thrughout the Graph( without other colours), it means all u need not delete the files.
Red colour should be as less as possible
Also mention the name of the files, so that i can assist u better.
Try Perfect Disk 7 for defragmenting .
I have been using it with no problems at all.

eddie

El mooooo
Wannabe_a_techie said:
Will this slow down my computer?
No they will not slow down your computer. Stop worrying about them. Windows defragmenter cannot move these files as they are being used (something like what happens with pagefile.sys) so at the end it says that they were not defragmented but it doesn't matter.

ashfame

Padawan
You can try diskeeper (fastest defragmenter engine ever).
Set The Drive to be boot - defragmented & you are done.
And U won't hav any performance loss if they are fragmented but still if u want them to be defragmented then you have the right to get things done.
And Diskeeper is not freeware, try its trial period or any other software that offers boot time defragmentation can solve your problem. 8)

And considering your photo, i think i have meet you somewhere with a friend of yours, damn can't remember where ....

OP
W

Wannabe_a_techie

Broken In
ashfame said:
And considering your photo, i think i have meet you somewhere with a friend of yours, damn can't remember where ....

:D That is Ana Beatriz Barros, Brazilian supermodel.

You will remember her more clearly from this photo:

*vnexpress.net/Vietnam/Van-hoa/2005/06/3B9DF165/9-Ana-Beatriz-Barros.jpg

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I hate Google Desktop Search... I had all sorts of prbs after installing GDS. I dont think GDS is any bettr than Win XP search with files indexed for searching your comp. and as far as searching on the net is concerned... Well google can b used without GDS. Again with GDS there are privacy issues...

Even aftr uninstalling GDS and manually deleting GDS folder, a "google desktop search" folder is created in \program files everytime i restart my sys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom