Google Chrome Issues

sachitgul

Journeyman
I just installed google chrome..
i was using firefox 3.6 until now that is...

but when i do a search on google..
it show me the error..

This webpage is not available.
The webpage might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

it does load for the first time i searched..

so for debugging this i read some solutions like unchecking the enable malware and phisisng option and clearing my surfing data..

i also tried a solution in which i went into my my network settings properties and installed some Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stuff and restarted my PC..

still the problem persists..
what should i do??

should i go back to using firefox 3.6??

Aspire

Padawan
The Problem's not in Chrome, it's in your connection

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

OR maybe
Either you have antivirus or a firewall app that is blocking access to port 80 (the
port used by web servers to send you pages) by Google Chrome.Add chrome.exe to the list of excluded processes in your Antivirus

OP
sachitgul

sachitgul

Journeyman
The Problem's not in Chrome, it's in your connection

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

OR maybe
Either you have antivirus or a firewall app that is blocking access to port 80 (the
port used by web servers to send you pages) by Google Chrome.Add chrome.exe to the list of excluded processes in your Antivirus

i have made sure that my antivirus (BitDefender) is not blocking Chrome.exe..

after installing chrome bitdefender asked me to allow or deny chrome.exe to connect to the internet and i clicked allowed (obviously)

and the problem IMO isnt with my connection..
i have an Airtel Broadband connection and everything is just fine when I use Firefox 3.6..

i just uninstalled Google Chrome..
I might re-install if it the problem is solved..

OP
sachitgul

sachitgul

Journeyman
i reinstalled chrome and still the problem exists...

what should i do??
i was really keen on using google chrome..

Aspire

Padawan
Check if you are using a proxy server which is dead??

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Go to Wrench Icon -> Options -> Under the hood -> Proxies

OP
sachitgul

sachitgul

Journeyman
Check if you are using a proxy server which is dead??

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Go to Wrench Icon -> Options -> Under the hood -> Proxies

im not using a proxy..
but still this problem persists...

i feel chrome has issues while running with bitdefender...

OP
sachitgul

sachitgul

Journeyman
^Maybe.............
Chrome runs fine with Kaspersky....

i dunno why bit IMO bitdefender truely is better than anything else out there..

also the error which i get is ERROR 324..
it comes only when searching on google..

umangkedia

Broken In
U claim dat Chrome is the fastest but It does not works properly on my Windows 7 64 bit(Genuine)....Many sites like orkut, answers.yahoo.com and hundreds of them do not open and it downloads a php file instead of opening it. And in the meanwhile it crashes....Wat could be the reason.....I have checked beta as well as Stable version.....Plz reply...Reinstalled more than 10 times

anzum

Right off the assembly line
Google Chrome and BSNL intenet has a big issue together. Not only google chrome but any other browser gives that error message in a while. once you reload the page it loads fine.

I have the solution... Use some other dns like opendns or google's public dns (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

nygg_subodh

Right off the assembly line
I am having problems surfing facebook in google chrome 6.0.472.62 . everytime I click the notification button, message button and friend request button, it automatically redirects to all notifications, all messages n all requests instead of appearing in small new window. and in account tab also it redirects me to edit accounts instead holding in the list of account menu. how can i solve this problem?? please help me.

Top Bottom