Google Chrome Access Restricted Help!!

meetdilip

Computer Addict
It happens if your IP is blacklisted by stop spammer service of website. Reboot router and it will go.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I also face this sometimes, while visiting imgur.com! :|
And I had taken a screenshot too:

*i.imgur.com/FjH2J.jpg

So, this means it's not browser dependent! :?
But site do opens after a refresh though

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even I've got this error and it's depends on the IP address you get from your ISP - it's not browser dependent at all.

frankeric

Journeyman
bro i think it happens when you isp block your ip for some reason contact your isp i think it will solve your problem.

reddead

LoSt!
Access Restricted to site

today i got a error when visiting "imgur.com"
is there something i should worry about?? how can a site scan and tell if i have a virus or not??
i am on windows7 with microsoft security essentials only

here is the screenshot i got
*i46.tinypic.com/n1c7za.png

PS: i remember getting this very long time ago more than once but i did not care at that time...

sygeek

Technomancer
I think this happens when the IP assigned to someone before you did suffer from an infected PC. So if you know what you're doing with your PC, you should be fine.

mrintech

Technomancer
The site is using CloudFlare and the service make use of Project Honey Pot database for stopping automated bots, SPAM etc. from blacklisted IP Addresses

If your allotted IP Address is in Project Honeypot SPAM database, than everytime you need to fill the CAPTCHA for getting access to the site. CAPTCHA helps in proving that you are a HUMAN, not a Bot :)

Nothing is wrong with your browser, it's just Cloudflare and Project Honeypot restricting direct access ;)

y2j826

Journeyman
If you are using manual DNS server then the problem can happen too due to DNS settings blockage, otherwise if your server setting is set to Automatic then its your ISP problem, however changing DNS setting to manual will solve the problem...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am using the following DNS:

I request member who encounter this problem to share their DNS. So that it can be find out if this could be an issue with the DNS.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I've used gogle DNS, BSNL DNS and even opendns and have faced same issue - I think DNS has nothing to do with it because the IP address assigned to by your ISP does not depend on which DNS you use and whatismy IP like services block their site access using IP address of the client not based on DNS address.

Top Bottom