Google Answers is dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivrocks

Broken In
Google is shutting down its Google Answers service. The company has announced that new questions won't be accepted after the New Year, though the site will continue to let people view the question archives. Killing off the service, which never seemed to catch on much, certainly will help Google seem like it is focusing efforts toward more needed areas. But it still feels like an odd, almost surrendering move in the face of Yahoo Answers being such a success.

Google Answers, which allows users to send questions to volunteers for an anwers, will be put to sleep. The existing database of questions and answers will remain, though.

The project started with a rough idea from Larry Page, and a small 4-person team turned it into reality in less than 4 months, Andrew Fikes and Lexi Baugher report at the Google blog. At the end more than 500 researchers were ready to answer question for US$2.50 or more — usually within 24 hours.
The Google bloggers do not say why the project is closed down, though. A lack of visitors may be one reason.

Source:
Code:
*blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/061129-050815

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
btw... when Google Search answers all the question then why should people go to Google Answer... lol....

at least all me queries get solve by just a simple Google search... so i never felt using that service... :)

Better they put some effort on Making the Gmail fast... :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
There is a hugh difference between Google answers and Yahoo answers. Yahoo answers was working more like forums where you could even get an answer like "I don't know" :lol:

Google answers even demanded payments for answers. Yahoo answers was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom