Google’s Android have more free apps than Apple’s iPhone

godfather_

Broken In
*www.techyfox.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/distimo_march_2011.jpg

Google’s Android Market now offers more free apps for download (134,342 apps), than Apple’s App Store for iPhone (121,845 apps). This is great news for Android consumers, although Android developers probably aren’t too thrilled. Furthermore, the number of paid apps on the Android Market is about one third of the total number of paid apps available in the Apple App Store for iPhone, according to app store analytics provider...READ MORE HERE

noja

Bang! Bang!
Android is more famous in asia? asians don't like paying for apps.
free stuff is always welcome :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@godfather_ : wudn't mind paying for an app if its really worthy....
free apps are the other side of the coin

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
furious_gamer said:
Means that Apple Apps are better than Android Apps?
Partially yes. Why? Standard Hardware on all iPhones(OK iphone 4, 3g may be still be different but it doesnt affect anything)

Android has variety of h/w. Something that runs smooth on a 1ghz procy wont be running smooth say on a O1(Angry Birds slows down in later levels for instant in 01)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Partially yes. Why? Standard Hardware on all iPhones(OK iphone 4, 3g may be still be different but it doesnt affect anything)

Android has variety of h/w. Something that runs smooth on a 1ghz procy wont be running smooth say on a O1(Angry Birds slows down in later levels for instant in 01)

If it's a ban the person thread, i'd ban you for saying that. But here you go,

Do you find any iPhone for 10k?

But you can get Android for 10k = O1. So can't compare a premium priced hardware with budget one. So it's user's responsibility to choose an app which runs fine with the hardware available. Like you can't expect Crysis to run in P4+6600GT rig at high settings. Can you?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I'm just giving an example.....iOS software work fine due to standard hardware...no other read I'm awware of :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
furios_gamer said:
I knew. I am also giving you an example of why Android is not bad as you guys think.
1) I love Android more than iOS
2) I think Android rocks

Just gave reason for non compatibality of certain apps

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
1) I love Android more than iOS
2) I think Android rocks

Just gave reason for non compatibality of certain apps

Thread is going elsewhere.

Come to topic

If you do love Android and think Android rocks, then "Android has variety of h/w. Something that runs smooth on a 1ghz procy wont be running smooth say on a O1(Angry Birds slows down in later levels for instant in 01) " this statement is completely lame from your side. No offense..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Means that Apple Apps are better than Android Apps?

what i wanted to say was its better to have a few paid apps then 100s of crap freewares that doesn't work. bot pointed to any of the platform. but Apple appstore wins. cause you are making apps for 1 mobile. but in case of Android, unlimited.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Well, i agree to the point about paid apps v crap free ones. But no wins or loose. Both are different. Developing for 1 mobile is not challenging. In that context, developing an Android Apps requires more skill than iOS Apps.

I admire Apple for its Appstore and jaw dropping apps, but both are different. Don't forgot that

noja

Bang! Bang!
I Blame the Indian banks for providing ATM cards that don't work for online pay etc. Imagine if you really wanted an app from the market and it was only for reupees10, you would want to buy it but without a credit card you would not be able to do so. If you could pay by cash, wouldn't you buy it.

noja

Bang! Bang!
But the transaction is not instant. And with things like these, patience is not usually present.

Top Bottom