good music player

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
hey guys..
bck on thinkdgt aftr a long time...

a few days back i came across a wonderful OS ie "UBUNTU"....it is amazingly light and small in size.
It has one of the best music players i have ever come across....
i hv somewhat of 20 gb of songs....and it took tht software just about 15 secnds to load all songs in one playlist...
thre is a search bar...which searches your entire library as and wen u type each letter,,,thre is a "rating" by which u can simply click and rate any song thre and then, and thn again sorting thm accrding to ratings and etc etc..

in other words it is simply incredible.

on the other hand whn i chose my music folder for adding songs in winamp (win vista) it hung and i had to restart it again...bt again it could not handle tht numbr of songs at once and moreover it does have the "rating' feature to be used that conveniently....

what i want from u guys is to suggest me a good and a light music player for win vista as well...i really am addicted to the "rating" feature so pls answer accrdngly..
i knw thre is a rating feature in wmp as well...bt it is not tht convenient...

thanks in advance

manan

Rahim

Married!
Welcome back!
Are you referring to Rhythmbox in Ubuntu?

WMP 11 is good too. How about Songbird or foobar? Chekc those out.

y2j826

Journeyman
for a particular single song use WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

for whole playlist use JET AUDIO 7

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
Welcome back!
Are you referring to Rhythmbox in Ubuntu?

WMP 11 is good too. How about Songbird or foobar? Chekc those out.

thnks buddy...im feeling very good using songbird..its really good..

anothr query i have is..
say suppose i save a particular compilation of songs as playlist,
and now i want to write a music cd (audio or .mp3)...
if i just drag and drop the playlist file in nero to write the songs...will it write the songs in tht playlist or will it write the playlist file???

Last edited:

mittyr

silentFOX
Ofcourse, the songs in the playlist (*.m3u..this ia wat your talking about, rite?). It just has the locations of the music files.

Just drag the playlist into Nero & it will automatically read the files (Hope you didn't change the location/name of the songs)

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
Ofcourse, the songs in the playlist (*.m3u..this ia wat your talking about, rite?). It just has the locations of the music files.

Just drag the playlist into Nero & it will automatically read the files (Hope you didn't change the location/name of the songs)

yeah...u gt me right..!!
bt when i drag the playlist file into nero...it shows only the playlist file and not the songs in the playlist...and also whn i drag it, it only takes few kbs of space into my disc...which i can see at the bottom pane of nero..so tht means it is only gonna write the playlist file and nt the songs in it..!!
isnt it/?
or does it show like this only??

thnks in advance

manan

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
JRiverf Media Center is the only media player which has extra-ordinary customazations and powerfull utilities..
in my personal experience, there is no real compeittive to JRiver Media Center.
just try it..
you will forget the other media players like winamp. wmp, jet audio, foobar, amarak, vlc, etc..

SommerLi

Right off the assembly line
WMP11, it has everything you need and sounds really good through my surround sound speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom