Good Laptops near 60k

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Guys pls suggest some VFM models and specify the one u wil pick from those ...

Its for photoshop and gaming...

Requirements :

*Core i7 Quad core(preferably 3rd gen)

*Ram max expandable to 16gb (atleast 8gb)

*15.6" screen or more (Preferably Full HD)

*GPU : Better than 540M(630M) (preferably near HD 6770M performance range)

*USB 3.0

And till now only laptops i liked is : HP DV6 7010TX and HP DV6 6165TX

7010tx has only 630m and no FHD - only cons i see
6165tx has no FHD and 2nd gen i7 - cons here

If u hav come across any better laps meeting most of my requirements then please reply ...

sarthak

In the zone
Those two laptops are the best you can get with the budget. Go with 7010x for newer processor and beats audio speakers but weaker graphics or with 6165tx with older processor but better graphics than 7010tx.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
There are no laptops with all features you have asked for. So, first increase your budget or drop your priorities.

OP
girishpaiv

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Thank u guys for ur replies... :razz:

Asus K55VM-SX086D Looks similar and lower cost :)
If u heard or hav experience , can u pls spot the differences in these two and tell which is better in real(like same display but its better quality in say HP in real world..if any differences exists)

Asus K55VM-SX086D vs HP 7010TX

and guys ,any news abt any new laptop to make entry within a month with these specs??

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Yeah some Ivy bridge laptops will come soon.
Between these 2 both are nearly same except that HP has a upgradability option for RAM while Asus doesn't also Asus speakers arn't that good. Can't say about HP but I heard that it have some heating issues not sure though.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Go for the asus one....... its cooling is very good when compared to hp,so if u are using the lap for a long duration asus is really the one for u..... the sound quality of the asus is good but hp has beats.....+There is a price difference of 6.5k

OP
girishpaiv

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Just to know
Guys What if i keep every requirement aside and just want a lap solely for GAMING at near 60k

which will Laptop will u buy if u hav got near 60k ??

Last edited:

sarthak

In the zone
Go for the asus one....... its cooling is very good when compared to hp,so if u are using the lap for a long duration asus is really the one for u..... the sound quality of the asus is good but hp has beats.....+There is a price difference of 6.5k

Doesn't look like heating up, does it ?

My latop is running from 8 am and how many of you guys jealous? :mrgreen:

*img535.imageshack.us/img535/3241/faniz.png

And the Asus doesn't come with preinstalled OS, so you will need 6.5k for that, so there's no price difference.

OP
girishpaiv

girishpaiv

Journeyman
I am a collage student and that's y i need a lap!!!
I will b doing a bit of Photoshop , video editing but mostly playing new games i think....
Now pls suggest a good lap for this, near 60k... :razz:

gameranand

Living to Play
I am a collage student and that's y i need a lap!!!
I will b doing a bit of Photoshop , video editing but mostly playing new games i think....
Now pls suggest a good lap for this, near 60k... :razz:

I am also a college boy and I use desktop because I play PC Games a lot. Laptops are simply not meant for pure gaming.

OP
girishpaiv

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Does FHD have visible effect in watching movies???Is the video quality visibly better??
(In games i believe FHD means - needs better GPU and better gaming graphics)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
"I am also a college boy and I use desktop because I play PC Games a lot. Laptops are simply not meant for pure gaming."

^ This is what you should be paying attention to. You can get a gaming capable lappie but as gameranand say,laptops are not meant to be gaming devices.

That being said,given your priorities the k55vm should be the best option for you. However if you cannot live with the gt 630m then wait for newer laptops to arrive with the 635m/640m.

And yes an FHD screen is far better that the average laptop display. and yes if you plan on gaming at 1080p with high details you do need a good gpu for that.

gameranand

Living to Play
As for FHD
Movies - feels quite better
Games - you need a very powerful gpu to play games or current new games or future games would give you nightmares and I mean it. A 630M can't even run Skyrim and witcher 2 properly on high details.

Top Bottom