Good graphic card under 5k(000)

prakhar.rai

Right off the assembly line
Hi... Tjis is my first post, I was interested in buying a new graphic card for my pc it is a HCL, with the following specs:-
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.00Ghz
RaM: 2.5gb
I dont really care about upgrading my SMPS if it is around 500 bucks
PS : I dont know what wattage PSU do I have
and I wish to play games like Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Crysis series, you get it...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ welcome to TDF ;-)

As for your question - at 5k you can get a HD6670 1GB GDDr5 gfx card but before that it's important to know what mobo and PSu you have. If you have no cluse about this just post the model no. of your pc.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Yeah HD6670 1GB DDR5 is available for 5400 on SMCInternational. Inludes taxes and free shipping...but as @topgear said, plz mention mobo and psu...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ actually he needs to spend at-least 1.5-2.3k more to get a HD7750 but if he has a good PSU he can opt for HD6670 which gives better performance.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Just get HD6670. But just to clear out some doubt, check the markings on your PSU, there should be wattage written on it. If possible, post a picture of your PSU.

dopeknight

Broken In
Guys. I have a similar question, my PSU is 450W 19A on 12V rail.
Same price not more than 5k.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 cards.
Asus AMD HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card

The Sapphire has more reviews. Asus one has no rating or review but it has 1800Mhz memory and Sapphire 1600Mhz.
Which one to buy ??

OP
P

prakhar.rai

Thanks for the quick replies, Speccy says: -
" Motherboard
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model 945GCMX-S2 (Socket 775)
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model i945G
Chipset Revision A2
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model 82801GB (ICH7/R)
Southbridge Revision A1
"
and about the PSU, it isnt the original one(I had ruined it).
Is There a way to check the wattage without opening the cabinet, for it is locked in another cube, which I cant open with the array of screwdrivers I own.

Thanks.........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
a 19A PSu on +12V will run a HD6670 just fine with the config you have and there's no way to know what PSU you have ( if you can't remember it ) without opening the cabby.

r.rahulsharma_87

This is very intresting forum. I think I get the correct answers for my questions here. I want to buy a graphics Card but my budget is very tight . I can spend 4k for this . I don't know I could found a good graphics card in this budget or not . so Help me my friends.

I have 1GB DDR2 RAM , 320GB Hard Disk , Asus Motherboard , Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz Processor.

I am waiting for your suggestions , Thanks in advance to all you friends.
Have a nice day !!!!!!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ stick with the thread you have created.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/157885-help-me-buy-graphics-card-4k.html

Top Bottom