bkarankar

Broken In
Dear Friends,

i am looking for a great GPU for my config as:

Pro AMD 1055T
Mobo M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Corsair 2 GB * 4 (8 GB Memory)
corsair 450 PSU
22" LCD AOC Monitor (will upgrade in future with 3D LCD approx 40")
500 GB * 3 HDD

please suggest a Good GPU in budget is max 20000/- which support CF and 3D (must)

as if i bough ATI then i can have CF in future as supported by Mobo.
but if i have NVidia then i cannot SLI as not supported by Mobo

requirement, in future (next 3 year) approx all game has to be play.

my other work on this computer is gaming, gaming and only gaming.

i have searched 6950 and 6850. price diff is approx 8000/- but will this price worth...

2 GB Card prefered

Thanks
Bhupesh

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well amd 3d is not feasible right now and there's no supported hardware (3d monitor) for it. Nvidia is the only way to go if 3d is a requirement.

For a 20k amd card, you have to upgrade your existing psu as well which i think is a vx 450. Go for corsair tx-850v2 @ 6.8k.

For the card, i suggest MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III power edition @ 16k. Its a pretty powerful card and can easily handle 1080p gaming without breaking a sweat. Comes with 2gb vram and has a terrific custom cooler(much needed for 6950 chips).

Down the line add another 6950 TFIII and both of them can handle gaming easily for 3+ years with full settings enabled @ 1080p. You can even go for an eyefinity setup in future with 6950 2b crossfire.

But go for MSI twin frozr III 6950 strictly and avoid the sapphire 6950 2gb version at all costs. Its cooler is no match for msi's TWIN FROZR III and in cf mode gets much hotter.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
^^ Well amd 3d is not feasible right now and there's no supported hardware (3d monitor) for it. Nvidia is the only way to go if 3d is a requirement.

For a 20k amd card, you have to upgrade your existing psu as well which i think is a vx 450. Go for corsair tx-850v2 @ 6.8k.

For the card, i suggest MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III power edition @ 16k. Its a pretty powerful card and can easily handle 1080p gaming without breaking a sweat. Comes with 2gb vram and has a terrific custom cooler(much needed for 6950 chips).

Down the line add another 6950 TFIII and both of them can handle gaming easily for 3+ years with full settings enabled @ 1080p. You can even go for an eyefinity setup in future with 6950 2b crossfire.

But go for MSI twin frozr III 6950 strictly and avoid the sapphire 6950 2gb version at all costs. Its cooler is no match for msi's TWIN FROZR III and in cf mode gets much hotter.

OK, ill ugrade the PSU. but cant we play 3D on ATI???

if not then ill not go with this... let me know
as per asus and amd site, i found ati is able to play/support 3D. they have given the Hardware/LCD/access list.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well let me explain...

Amd does support 3d now but there's a catch. If you own a 3d based lcd/led tv , then you can play 3d content with amd cards. Nvidia can also play 3d content on lcd/led 3dtv's with the advent of nvidia play driver. They also have licensed 3d monitors which are much cheaper than 3d tv's and widely available.

Using nvidia's 3d vision kit, you get access to stereoscopic 3d and you have a 120hz 3d monitor minimum.

Amd hd3d does not work with 120hz 3d monitors and the few monitors that support hd3d are not available in india.

So if you have a 3dtv (not 3d monitor), you can go for amd /nvidia cards. But if you don't, then invest strictly in nvidia card for 3d and get a 120hz monitor with nvidia 3d vision kit.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
^^ Well let me explain...

Amd does support 3d now but there's a catch. If you own a 3d based lcd/led tv , then you can play 3d content with amd cards. Nvidia can also play 3d content on lcd/led 3dtv's with the advent of nvidia play driver. They also have licensed 3d monitors which are much cheaper than 3d tv's and widely available.

Using nvidia's 3d vision kit, you get access to stereoscopic 3d and you have a 120hz 3d monitor minimum.

Amd hd3d does not work with 120hz 3d monitors and the few monitors that support hd3d are not available in india.

So if you have a 3dtv (not 3d monitor), you can go for amd /nvidia cards. But if you don't, then invest strictly in nvidia card for 3d and get a 120hz monitor with nvidia 3d vision kit.

yes, good point bro.
and tv will be much costly then Monitor. but if i add Nvidia then i can't have SLI as not supported by board.

second thing,,, what will be the minimum cost for TV (approx 22" or bigger)...
if within 30000 to 40000 then no issue.... i can still go with ATI.

i giving +1 to ATI, i m not FAN but i know if i have to add more gpu then i have to stay with ATI.... limitation on mobo.

let me know ur view

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Then forget 3d and get a good lcd/led monitor. There are no worthy 3dtv's in 30-40k range. Minimum is 40inches afaik. No 22 inch 3dtv is available that can do 3d.

Go for the gpu i suggested earlier.:smile:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a list of monitors and TVs supported:-

Supported Hardware

Here's the games, very few supported:-

AMD HD3D Gaming

And Deus Ex: Human Revolution is supposed to show the best of AMD HD3D technology.

If you can increase your budget by another 2-3k, MSI R6970 Lightning is the best option. Won't recommend you any other 6970 as you are planning to CF and these cards do get hot. Else get the 6950 TFIII as suggested by Vicky. You can add another one down the line.

And enjoy games now, for 3D, wait another year for things to settle.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
Here's a list of monitors and TVs supported:-

Supported Hardware

Here's the games, very few supported:-

AMD HD3D Gaming

And Deus Ex: Human Revolution is supposed to show the best of AMD HD3D technology.

If you can increase your budget by another 2-3k, MSI R6970 Lightning is the best option. Won't recommend you any other 6970 as you are planning to CF and these cards do get hot. Else get the 6950 TFIII as suggested by Vicky. You can add another one down the line.

And enjoy games now, for 3D, wait another year for things to settle.

:smile: yes bro, i know i have to wait till next year, even i'll buy 3D monitor in next year (not allow by my pocket now). so as per next year, should i go with 6950 TFIII CF.
hows asus "EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5"

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your mobo is this:-

*www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A89GTD_PROUSB3/websites/Global/products/eCWbkolMf0DOW0IV/yfdhyWjQtaz7H4v8_500.jpg

And the card will be this:-

*www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6970_DCII2DI4S2GD5/websites/Global/products/jX64GujNeYxnA4sd/5nWpvJsLsDCRlm4G_500.jpg

taking 3 slots. So you can bid goodbye to CF with this combo.

Otherwise a killer card on its own right, and cheaper than MSI Lightning. If you can increase your budget, get the Lightning.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
Your mobo is this:-

*www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A89GTD_PROUSB3/websites/Global/products/eCWbkolMf0DOW0IV/yfdhyWjQtaz7H4v8_500.jpg

And the card will be this:-

*www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6970_DCII2DI4S2GD5/websites/Global/products/jX64GujNeYxnA4sd/5nWpvJsLsDCRlm4G_500.jpg

taking 3 slots. So you can bid goodbye to CF with this combo.

Otherwise a killer card on its own right, and cheaper than MSI Lightning. If you can increase your budget, get the Lightning.

do i required CF in future for gaming only if i have EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5
as its 2 GB and a good card as i checked on review.

and what will be the performance diff in EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 vs msi R6970 Lightning

another option to have is CF with 6850... that will be in 20000/- approx

what u suggest

one more thing, i would like to add,,,

if i go with 2 GB then ill not thing about CF... but if i go with 1 GB then i have to go with CF.

what's u say

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are planning for 3D gaming, so yes, you will probably need 6950/6970 CF for smooth gameplay. A single 6950/70 is a better option compared to 6850 CF IMO, I am not talking about fps' in games here, but for future dual GPU options and 3D Gaming etc.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
You are planning for 3D gaming, so yes, you will probably need 6950/6970 CF for smooth gameplay. A single 6950/70 is a better option compared to 6850 CF IMO, I am not talking about fps' in games here, but for future dual GPU options and 3D Gaming etc.

yeh, good idea. so what will be the price for msi R6970 Lightning.. i have dropped the idea for 3D.

are you sure, this (msi R6970 Lightning) will be great ...?

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
6970 is the top single GPU from AMD. And the Lightning has a super cooler, which helps the card achieved higher OC and cooler temps. Get it. btw, which cabinet do you have?

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
6970 is the top single GPU from AMD. And the Lightning has a super cooler, which helps the card achieved higher OC and cooler temps. Get it. btw, which cabinet do you have?

its zebronics bijli (seem to local ) not soo good build quality.

no issue, its ATX and i am keeping it open always (side panel)

again ::::::: i have dropped the idea for 3D.
yo...i checked on anandtech.. as per their benchmark.. 6850 CF will be better then 6950
*www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/292?vs=302

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is no point to get for CF setting straight away. Just get a single powerful card like HD 6950 TF III or HD 6970 TF II/ TF III. They are enough for 1080P gaming. May be one year down the line when games will need more fire power, you'll go for the CF setting.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
bijli and lightning are synonyms but that doesnt mean you can use them together as computer hardware.

i suggest getting a new case if going for lightening.

and for psu i would suggest glaciatech 950w.its a great deal and if you want tx 850w v2 only then instead get the seasonic ss 850w at coz seasonic made tx v2's for corsair, its the same unit and seasonic is cheaper.

Top Bottom