good gaming gpu under 11k

kartikoli

Busy!!
why do you want to invest big amount in GPU when you wont be able to utilize it completely. 2 things that you need to consider

- low resolution monitor
- not enough powerful processor to team up with GPU

upgrade your monitor and cpu otherwise you wont be able to utilize the power of your GPU

why would you want to buy a superbike when you dont have a roads to run it ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
my friend is ready to exchange his 4gb ddr2 ram with 4gb ddr3 ram and also upgrading his cpu to core2duo e7500 2.93 ghz by exchange with his processor and ging him 1.5 k from a dealer but the processor is used for couple of months i.e [second hand] .

then i would suggest him gtx 560 or ati 6850 and his psu is also quite powerful. [corsair gs 500]

Here's my experience: e7400 was a bottleneck for the 6950, even when overclocked. But it plays nicely with 6770. My calculated guess is nothing beyond 7770 should be considered; 6770 is probably the sweet point. There's no need to change either CPU or RAM IMO.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
Here's my experience: e7400 was a bottleneck for the 6950, even when overclocked. But it plays nicely with 6770. My calculated guess is nothing beyond 7770 should be considered; 6770 is probably the sweet point. There's no need to change either CPU or RAM IMO.

today he has exchange his ram to ddr3 and cpu to core2duo e7500. and he want to buy gpu for future use also and by this configuration he will not use the full power of gpu, but after a 1 year he will definately upgrade his cpu. so then in this time he can play games in medium settings in 1360 x 768 resolutions without bottlenecking the cpu

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
He already have gs600

GS500. ;)

@OP: if your friend is thinking of upgrading the CPU within a year, even higher end cards can be considered, provided he doesn't want to upgrade the GPU too at that time.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
GS500. ;)

@OP: if your friend is thinking of upgrading the CPU within a year, even higher end cards can be considered, provided he doesn't want to upgrade the GPU too at that time.

oh yes he will upgrade his cpu after one year so he want to buy a future proof gpu. i suggesteg him gtx 560 or ati 6850. And he had corsair GS 500 psu

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
i think OP should get a MID HIGH card so OP don't need to buy a card for next 2 to 3 yrs and plus he will be getting a good CPU means Good motherboard too

i think OP should get a MID HIGH card so OP don't need to buy a card for next 2 to 3 yrs and plus he will be getting a good CPU means Good motherboard too

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he can increase his budget a bit, go all the way for a 7850 1GB which will be an excellent option below 14k.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Better get i5 first then spend for good GPU because your CPU will bottleneck it a big time.
And when he'll buy the processor(Next year his GPU will be outdated...)
I mean get i5 2500k or 2500 it has Intel HD 4000 graphics which are very good and can play games.

kartikoli

Busy!!
If he can increase his budget a bit, go all the way for a 7850 1GB which will be an excellent option below 14k.

I think gigabyte 660 OC @ 14.5k is better choice if he can increase his budget as this will be good for next 2~3yrs

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
Better get i5 first then spend for good GPU because your CPU will bottleneck it a big time.
And when he'll buy the processor(Next year his GPU will be outdated...)
I mean get i5 2500k or 2500 it has Intel HD 4000 graphics which are very good and can play games.

their are many games releasing like medal of honour warfighter, most wanted 2012, farcry 3, crysis 3, dead space 3, ghost warrior 2. etc
if he gets i5 2500k then its hd graphics will not support big games. but if he gets good gpu then he can atleast play these games on medium settings and after a year he will change his mobo+cpu+ram.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
their are many games releasing like medal of honour warfighter, most wanted 2012, farcry 3, crysis 3, dead space 3, ghost warrior 2. etc
if he gets i5 2500k then its hd graphics will not support big games. but if he gets good gpu then he can atleast play these games on medium settings and after a year he will change his mobo+cpu+ram.

Nope you won't be able to play those game at playable fps AFAIK.
I've bought HD 7750 and my Dual core processor is killing it even playing at 720p resolution it is not giving me constant fps.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
Nope you won't be able to play those game at playable fps AFAIK.
I've bought HD 7750 and my Dual core processor is killing it even playing at 720p resolution it is not giving me constant fps.

what processor do you have. many of my friends are playing with core2duo e7500, dual core 5700 etc and they had gtx 550 ti and many games are running very good.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
what processor do you have. many of my friends are playing with core2duo e7500, dual core 5700 etc and they had gtx 550 ti and many games are running very good.

Well some games will run good but games such as Battlefield 3, Gta 4, Max Payne 3, Crysis 2 and 3 and upcoming new games will not run good.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
Well some games will run good but games such as Battlefield 3, Gta 4, Max Payne 3, Crysis 2 and 3 and upcoming new games will not run good.

my friend had core2duo e7500, 4gb ddr3 ram, and gtx 550ti and battlefield ia running in ultra high setting only mesh quality is in medium setting and also crysis 2 on ultra on dx 11, nfs run
on highest setting except mesh quality is in medium.

Top Bottom