gonna get 5800XM 2maro! plz clear my doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
guys am gonna buy 5800XM 2maro after much searching, but i heard the early builds of 5800 suffer from some hardware faults like speaker problem and some have problems with camera. i also heard they are rectified in new builds but dont knw which1 exactly. i got to my nearest nokia priority and they have only those mfg in jan 09, are they defective? if yes which month shud i look for in the mfg date?

k4ce

Youngling
jan 09 is good enough ... cracking , incorrect display colours etc etc were noticed in some really early ones (source *www.symbian-freak.com/news/008/12/5800_quality_woes.htm ) ... but donot worry most of these issues have been taken care of ...

k4ce

Youngling
pretty sure ... one of my fren pre-ordered it ... he payed 21k for it ... his must be one of the earliest ones in india ... no issues ... so go ahead ... its better if u go to the 5800 owners thread and ask them if they have build quality issues wid their fones ... i'm sure that'll re-assure you ...

rajhot

S60 rocks
Speaker issues were rectified from mar ..so check for those devices which have mar as mfg date

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
guys i just purchased one. its most shops had those from jan and when i found one having feb i just bought it since they gave it for 19k while in most shops it was 19.5k, and they told it just came today and they didnt knw they had feb in stock until i inquired. even got a t-shirt of knight riders. hope its not defective. how to check whether its defective or not?

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys i just purchased one. its most shops had those from jan and when i found one having feb i just bought it since they gave it for 19k while in most shops it was 19.5k, and they told it just came today and they didnt knw they had feb in stock until i inquired. even got a t-shirt of knight riders. hope its not defective. how to check whether its defective or not?

y do u want to know if its one of the defective or not...just pray and use it carefully..enjoy

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
thanks for the warning guys. i wont do anything stupid :)

btw how many hours do i have to charge the battery for the first time, coz the dealer told me to charge continuously for 6hours while the manual says overcharging may lead to shorter battery life!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Actually the older days wen i bought my phone they told to charge the first time for 8 hrs ,, i think i doesn't need it for new phones era especially for HIGH END phones !!

Dont worry install the softwares enjoy music & movies ,, i think the screen is better for watching videos

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
thanks dude

the phone's amazing at first sight. its got 100 popular eng songs and 100 popular hindi songs pre-installed. so cool. loving the sound clarity

congrats! btw u need not worry!

there were some pieces that detected this problem due to earpieces being faulty. Nokia changed its earpiece suppliers in late January so therefore 5800s February 2009 onwards should be just fine.

even if you have a faulty earpiece. The simple solution to this problem is to hand over your 5800 to the Nokia Service Center and get the earpiece replaced.

enjoy your 5800 :smile: it's a rocking phone!

Pathik

Google Bot
Congrats. Don't worry about the charging thing, just try to do a full charge the first time.

Pathik

Google Bot
Congrats. Don't worry about the charging thing, just try to do a full charge the first time.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
thanks guys

well at first the phone had some hanging problems and this was the first time this happened to me from a newly bought fone. i upgraded it to the latest version that night itself and now all is well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom